Red Dead Redemption

King Ellis

This truly is a game that gets better the more you play. I played for a couple of hours on Friday that thought the game was simply good. Played it quite a bit more today, and it's grown on me ten fold. The atmosphere and setting are greatly realised, the missions get better and there's shit loads of fun stuff to do aside from the main story.

And does anyone else want to ride around the wilderness with "The Ecstacy of Gold" blaring out on full blast, or is that just me?

Can you play music whilst playing then?

Also, does the map open up a bit more as you continue? I've only got one of the hidden trophies, so I think I'm only a bit into the story? I'm wanting to go South of the Border and so on. Anyone further than me, how many more Side Stories are there? I've had more fun with those than anything else I think.

Also, fuck you Rockstar and your races. They're easy... they're just, not fun though.

I like to pretend that rather than John Martson, the character is called John Morrison.

'We don't allow Natives in the saloon of wisdom.'

Speaking of not allowing things, this game sure is racist.

Upon walking into a shop:

'You wont find anything Jewish made in here, sir.'

At a poker game:

(Directed at a black player) 'You'll beleive anything I say because i'm white.'

'The railroad is just a conspiracy to help the Jews'

This is helpful because I've failed the one with the woman and the horse about four times due to fucking stupid reasons like accidentally hovering the cross-hair over the woman or getting on the wrong horse.