Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

3-0 now and game over. I have a bad feeling about Blackpool at the moment, I think they might get relegated when they don't really deserve it. I hope I'm wrong and their form picks up.

Right now, I'd say every team up to Newcastle in 9th is still in danger of going down, the league is ridiculously tight this year. Blackpool losing heavily here is a good result for Rovers and hopefully the point against Arsenal will lead us to getting the results needed to stay up.

• Admin
Fulham chairman Mohammed Al Fayed has told fans they can "go to hell" if they do not appreciate a new Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage stadium.

Mr Al Fayed unveiled the statue on Sunday prior to the west London Premier League team's match against Blackpool.

The statue was commissioned following Jackson's death in June 2009 and was due to be erected at Harrods before Mr Al Fayed sold the Knightsbridge store.

"Why is it bizarre? Football fans love it," he said after the unveiling.

"If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell.

"I don't want them to be fans.

"If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else," he added.

Mr Al Fayed's decision to relocate the statue of Jackson to Fulham's stadium is likely to divide opinion.

The singer was a friend of Mr Al Fayed's but his only known link to the football club is that he attended one game as a guest of the chairman, against Wigan Athletic in 1999.

But Mr Al Fayed said: "People will queue to come and visit it from all over the UK and it is something that I and everybody else should be proud of."

Kit Symons, who played in the match Jackson attended in 1999 and is now under-18s manager at the Cottagers said: "It is great.

"The big thing is it is obviously something that the chairman feels very, very passionately about and he has decided to erect this statue and fair dos to him."

Reflecting on the time of Jackson's visit, he added: "It was just happy times.

"The chairman obviously used to bring high profile people down the games.

"Tony Curtis was here a few weeks after and it was just fantastic times."

Central defender Brede Hangeland said the decision to erect the statue was backed by the club's players.

He said: "Some of our players are Michael Jackson fans, some aren't, and that's the same in the general population.

"His music has been on in the dressing room a couple of times. I'm sure we won when his music was played!

"We have the deepest respect for everything about the chairman. If he wants to do this then it is all good."

What a wonderfully insane man he is.

I have no clue who he's even directing it at? The cameraman for having the audacity to film him? A ballboy who accidently spilt his pint?

What a knob.

I have no clue who he's even directing it at? The cameraman for having the audacity to film him? A ballboy who accidently spilt his pint?

What a knob.

He was probably directing it to the 95% of the country who has been saying he's shite based on half a season of games. But I agree, he is a knob for doing it.

• Like 1

Regarding the Jacko statue, in a rare case of me finding him not annoying on TV (I actually don't mind him on radio) Colin Murrays comment on it summed it up for me.

"Will it be bronze, will it be silver? No, he's gone for the Star Wars figuerine look'.

Edited by Colly

Wayne Rooney faces two-match FA suspension for swearing

Wayne Rooney faces a two-match ban from the Football Association for using offensive language during Manchester United's 4-2 win at West Ham.

The United striker swore into a pitchside camera after completing his hat-trick at Upton Park.

The England international has until 1800 BST on Tuesday to launch an appeal against the FA charge.

If he accepts it, he will receive a two-match ban - if he denies the charge a hearing will take place on Wednesday.

A one-match ban would see Rooney miss Saturday's home match with Fulham, while a a two-match suspension would rule him out of the FA Cup semi-final against Manchseter City at Wembley on 16 April.

I don't think he'll appeal so we'll have do without him for the next two. Super Berbatov will see us through though!

Not too bothered. He should know that anything he does is going to be ripped apart by the media, so he would have expected a ban. It's his own fault.

At least when he plays Wednesday against Chelsea, he'll have the 6 full days to recover for the 2nd leg. Although I imagine, most of the side will, anyway.