Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

This could very easily be the game that lost Spurs their Champions League place.

I fully expect a series of threats to the Premier League from Redknapp, he's not going to ever live this one down :/

Nah, nice idea but think we lost out on Europe when we started not turning up for games against the bottom 6!

Re-watching the game now having recorded it...currently about 25 minutes in.

I know and accept that microphones are placed near the away fans in televised games - it also makes Chelsea fans sound a lot louder when they're away elsewhere - but it annoys me to hear it after having been there live. The Spurs fans sound deafening when they really, really weren't.

For all the shit they give Arsenal about being a prawn sandwich brigade, Spurs are amongst the worst, if not the worst, fans I've ever seen at Elland Road. I think they sang Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur once and that was it.

I'm pretty sure the worst fans at Elland Road are the Leeds fans...

Probably true, actually. At least recently. With the exception of MOT, We Are Leeds, the Becchio chant and the tiresome we beat the scum songs, no-one can be arsed singing these days (N) But anyway, this is a thread about Premier League teams, and its highly unlikely we'll be one in the short term, so...

For all the shit they give Arsenal about being a prawn sandwich brigade, Spurs are amongst the worst, if not the worst, fans I've ever seen at Elland Road. I think they sang Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur once and that was it.

Spurs fans can be a funny bunch, we seem to vary by opponent, fans can't get excited about some opponents and it's fairly flat but other times it's electrifying. I remember us heading out the UEFA against Seville a few years back and it was so loud and full of energy it was unbelievable. Compared with the other lot where there's never an atmosphere though...

Can't believe yesterday's game. Caught the winner in the bookies on the way home from Newmarket and he always looked offside so can't work out how the Lino got that wrong. 30 yard through ball fine but standing in an offside position for the whole passage of play and rolled from three yards no excuse. Lampard "goal" was hilarious, no way they could be 100% sure it was in. This could well be the game that swings us out of Europe next year. Too many stupid losses this year and as weve not been playing well we could use some luck while Liverpool are running well.

Still Marriner keeps the Premiership race alive and that's the thing that matters right?

You know Fernando's just whipped it out. Look at Gardner's face, poor lad doesn't know what's going on.

He probably thought why has this girl got a dick.

Hopefully we can get a win today and then be level on points with Spurs. If City win today then it's theirs to lose, 7 points with 4 games left and one of them against Spurs.

If it stays this way Liverpool move to fifth, four points of Man City. A win today and a City loss later would be nice.

United: VDS, Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Rooney, Hernandez

Subs: Owen, Berbatov, Rafael, O'Shea, Valencia, Kuzzie, Smalling

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Nasri, Van Persie

No Fabregas, he picked up an injury in training on Saturday apparently. :)

Edited by Starvinho

I think I'm right in saying that if the premier league started when Kenny Daglish took over then Liverpool would be top? I'm sure I heard that somewhere, remarkable turn around.

I think I'm right in saying that if the premier league started when Kenny Daglish took over then Liverpool would be top? I'm sure I heard that somewhere, remarkable turn around.

Third, I think. Chelsea and Man United have got more points since he took over.

Very intentionally not going to watch the Arsenal/United game. When the best I can hope for is 2 hours of stress it's not the making of a good afternoon.

Besides, I have to go to Asda/write a wedding info sheet/analyse the city samples for Milwaukee and Minneapolis/play Football Manager. :shifty: