Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Since I don't really pay attention to Aston Villa, has Michael Bradley done anything of note, or has there been any word of them bringing him in for good?

He's made like 3 appearances, I think, no idea whether they're considering bringing him in permanently but I'd hazard a guess at no.

There may be a tit or two in the crowd that boo Ronaldo if he returns to OT, but I'd put money on it that pretty much every United fan gives him a great reception. That guy walked away with his head held high and gets nothing but respect. He's always said great things about the club, Ferguson, the fans and so on. People hate on him, but he's shown he's a classy guy in that respect, and that's not even taking into account everything he did for our club, which was a sensational period.

I wouldn't boo Tevez, because I couldn't give a shit what he does really. He left for more money and went to MANCHESTER CITY for crying out loud, so it's pretty understandable that most United fans are going to shit on him. Not to mention he doesn't exactly speak of our club highly and has put down SAF in the past. That's the big difference really. Oh and that little thing of him saying he wouldn't dream of signing for a massive rival team like Liverpool, only to sign for City, but hey, money talks for many footballers, his choice, no surprise he gets booed by United fans though.

AHA! But according to United players and fans we aren't really your rivals. So technically Carlos didn't join a 'Massive Rival' if we go based on the drivel pouring from Trafford. Do me a favor and do one. United fans didn't seem to have a problem with Carlos joining them from West Ham, it's only when a player chooses to leave the club on his own terms that he suddenly becomes a mercenary.

• Like 2

There may be a tit or two in the crowd that boo Ronaldo if he returns to OT, but I'd put money on it that pretty much every United fan gives him a great reception. That guy walked away with his head held high and gets nothing but respect. He's always said great things about the club, Ferguson, the fans and so on. People hate on him, but he's shown he's a classy guy in that respect, and that's not even taking into account everything he did for our club, which was a sensational period.

I wouldn't boo Tevez, because I couldn't give a shit what he does really. He left for more money and went to MANCHESTER CITY for crying out loud, so it's pretty understandable that most United fans are going to shit on him. Not to mention he doesn't exactly speak of our club highly and has put down SAF in the past. That's the big difference really. Oh and that little thing of him saying he wouldn't dream of signing for a massive rival team like Liverpool, only to sign for City, but hey, money talks for many footballers, his choice, no surprise he gets booed by United fans though.

AHA! But according to United players and fans we aren't really your rivals. So technically Carlos didn't join a 'Massive Rival' if we go based on the drivel pouring from Trafford. Do me a favor and do one. United fans didn't seem to have a problem with Carlos joining them from West Ham, it's only when a player chooses to leave the club on his own terms that he suddenly becomes a mercenary.

Whoever says City aren't our rivals are fucking deluded and that includes our own fans. Why would anybody have a problem with Tevez joining us from West Ham? A different situation completely. It's already been explained in this thread, but you've clearly decided to ignore all the points made. And to point it out again, I don't boo Tevez, because I could really care less. I'm certainly not a fan of his, but he's free to do what he wishes, yet it's understandable as to why some United fans see it differently.

Petr Cech has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year. It is the first time he has won the award. Well deserved.

Josh McEachran is Young Player of the Year...but it's not like there was much competition. :shifty:

• Like 1

Phil Bardsley won the Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year award for us. Henderson obviously the Young Player of the Year. Onuoha's goal for goal of the season, undoubtedly Craig Gordon's save for the save of the season (probably in the whole league too if I'm honest..) and clearly there was only going to be one winner in performance of the season. The 3-0 win at Stamford Bridge. Shame we haven't been able to replicate that sort of performance very often, even to 50% of it's quality would see us have picked up a lot more points.

• Like 1

Petr Cech has been named Chelsea's Player of the Year. It is the first time he has won the award. Well deserved.

Josh McEachran is Young Player of the Year...but it's not like there was much competition. :shifty:

Really? That's crazy. I'm not suggesting Cech's past him prime or anything, but at this 'peak', in my opinion a year or two into his Chelsea career - I thought he'd be a shoe-in for the award with the saves he was pulling off.

I'd argue our failure to replicate those performances is more to do with Bent leaving in January and our failure to replace him, and then every other striker we have getting injured leaving us with Malbranque playing up front.

Hearing rumours that some Milwall fans will be in the away end for the match on Sunday. Wouldn't shock me in the slightest and hope it doesn't all kick off, I remember last time when someone 60 odd year old and his son and son's friend were chased at the FA Cup match, just three people wanting to watch the match and not cause trouble, and it really would just spoil the final day really. Unfortunately I can see it happened. The plane can be passed off as rival banter, hopefully it's all kept under wraps by the police and things don't surface for the media to pick up on. In the words of Danny Dyer, it could get pwopa nawty. :(

Edited by IAceI

Really? That's crazy. I'm not suggesting Cech's past him prime or anything, but at this 'peak', in my opinion a year or two into his Chelsea career - I thought he'd be a shoe-in for the award with the saves he was pulling off.

Yeah. He was just unlucky to have been beaten in 2005 by Frank Lampard and in 2006 by John Terry. Obviously there were a ridiculous number of candidates in those seasons, but the problem with being a goalkeeper is that POTY awards tend to be biased towards outfield players usually. I would say however that this season he's definitely been back to his best after a couple of years with injuries and possible side-effects of such.

Also, this Sunday Petr Cech will surpass Gianfranco Zola as the overseas player with the most appearances for Chelsea (currently on 312). Today is his 29th birthday, younger than Zola was when he first arrived here, so he could easily double that.

Happy Birthday, Cechy!

However bad Cech plays in a match, I still expect him to pull off a FIFA 11 save at any given time. VDS has been amazing at times this season for us - I guess a few costly errors put him out of the running.

Yeah, the few errors put him out of the running for "Chelsea player of the year"

• Like 3