Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

The word on twitter is that Ed (I presume the one who was presenting on Sky Sports) has said that the media are wrong, and Blackpool can't qualify for the Europa League via the Fair Play method because they were relegated.

I think that makes sense, because a team could just sit back, lose every game and not make a tackle, thus qualifying for Europe that way, so he's probably right.

The word on twitter is that Ed (I presume the one who was presenting on Sky Sports) has said that the media are wrong, and Blackpool can't qualify for the Europa League via the Fair Play method because they were relegated.

I think that makes sense, because a team could just sit back, lose every game and not make a tackle, thus qualifying for Europe that way, so he's probably right.

Ipswich got in via the fair play league when they got relegated if I remember rightly, but that was about 10 years ago so the rules might have changed.

Fuck Wigan. The most undeserving team to be in the Premiership ever. Just beyond shite.

Shame for Blackpool, but they give it a go and did themselves proud. They were naive in their lack of defending, but they have set themselves up nicely for the future seasons now and if they can build on that, then life shall continue to be nice and bright for the Tangerines. And congrats to Ollie for all of his accomplishments up there. You did Bristol proud sir :)

But, yeah. Fuck Wigan. I don't like to wish relegation on most teams, but if Wigan get absolutely raped next season I'll be a happy camper.

EDIT: As for Ancelotti... well, it was a given wasn't it? Chelsea didn't perform at all well this year considering the expectations that were set. I mean, if they're going to sack Avram Grant for finishing 2nd in the league and the Champions League, then Abramovic certainly isn't going to go lightly on the man who at one point looked like he could lead them to finish outside the Champions League qualification places.

Edited by XEON BSIG
  • Like 1

Here we go again. :rolleyes: Such is how things happen at Chelsea.

They will now spend the next few weeks failing to convince Hiddink to come back and we'll end up with someone random who's no better than Carlo.

(btw, I think the West Ham comment was meant in the spirit of "I really want to stay in England...EVEN IF that meant managing West Ham", rather than any particular fondness for the job.)

Fuck Wigan. The most undeserving team to be in the Premiership ever. Just beyond shite.

Shame for Blackpool, but they give it a go and did themselves proud. They were naive in their lack of defending, but they have set themselves up nicely for the future seasons now and if they can build on that, then life shall continue to be nice and bright for the Tangerines. And congrats to Ollie for all of his accomplishments up there. You did Bristol proud sir :)

But, yeah. Fuck Wigan. I don't like to wish relegation on most teams, but if Wigan get absolutely raped next season I'll be a happy camper.

In fairness, not even Ian "she might not be the best looking girl, but at least you've pulled" Holloway would want to rape Wigan. They're well rough.

Edited by Colly

I know they're not the most fashionable side but I don't know how anyone can say Wigan are "undeserving." When they first came up they were every bit the darlings of the league that Blackpool were this season only difference being they managed to stay up.

They lost fewer games than Liverpool this season who finished 6th, for that alone they deserved to stay up. Credit where credit is due.

• Like 3

Considering Hiddink just recently signed on as technical advisor for PSV, Chelsea don't stand a chance.

You mean where PSV offered him said job and he revealed that he was already a technical advisor for Chelsea? That one?

All of which is irrelevant. The fact is he doesn't want to be a full-time club manager anywhere. We'll probably end up with Van Basten or someone.

I know they're not the most fashionable side but I don't know how anyone can say Wigan are "undeserving." When they first came up they were every bit the darlings of the league that Blackpool were this season only difference being they managed to stay up.

They lost fewer games than Liverpool this season who finished 6th, for that alone they deserved to stay up. Credit where credit is due.

Except they couldn't fill their stadium and they played awful football, no they weren't the same as Blackpool. People use the word undeserving for the want of a better word, quite clearly they do deserve to be in the Premier League as they won promotion fairly and have managed to stay in the Premier League fairly, but the point is they're punching well above their weight and it's really annoying. Plus Dave Whelan's a cunt.

And apparently Andre Villas Boas is the front runner for the Chelsea job, assuming Hiddink doesn't want it. Will Abramovich really trust a young manager who's never even managed in the Champions League to spend a lot of money?