Toy Story 3

apsham

I agree 3D and everything in HD is way overrated. It doesn't effect my viewing enjoyment any whether something is in HD or not

The 3D glasses were important because they helped conceal my manly, manly tears at the ending. But yeah, it really wasn't a movie that needed 3D much (though the short in front of it did benefit).

I thoroughly enjoyed the short. It was a good way to set the down before the actual movie, and I thought it was very creative and intelligent in the way they had the scene's of day and night. Possible my favorite short from them, bar the one with the clouds (was it the one they showed with Up?).

The 3D glasses were important because they helped conceal my manly, manly tears at the ending. But yeah, it really wasn't a movie that needed 3D much (though the short in front of it did benefit).

Agreed, 3D glasses mean that other people don't know you cried!

I think 3D was fun, maybe because it didn't do the horribly tacky OH LOOK SOMETHINGS FLOWN OUT OF THE SCREEN gimmick.

I am so burnt out on 3D it isn't funny. The only time I've ever enjoyed it was at the Sponge Bob ride at Kings Island, and even then because it's kind of making fun of the idea of 3D ("...and for some reason he has a paddleball."). We saw Toy Story with bright and vibrant colors splashed on the screen, colors that made the use of scale, perspective, and shading to create the illusion of three dimensions. You know, like film and art does. All the time.

Edited by Sousa

Right now 3D is way overhyped. The only movie that has been worth watching in 3D so far was Avatar, because it was filmed specifically for it. When that raked in money hand over fist everyone decided to hop on the bandwagon and do everything in editing, which is lame. I'll withhold final judgement until some stuff comes out that is actually created for 3D though.

HD though is a completely different story. Sports and Movies look absolutely incredible in HD and the picture can make even shitty or boring shows watchable. It all comes down to your TV though, if you have a crappy one then you won't care about HD because you're not getting the best picture.

As for Toy Story 3, haven't seen it yet and most likely won't in theaters. I'll catch it when it gets released on blu ray or something.

Edited by Hellfire

I'm gonna go out on a limb (and this may just be the excitement from just leaving the theater), but this may be my personal favorite animated movie, ever. I'm also not afraid to admit that I didn't just tear up at the end, I flat-out cried. I have never, ever cried at a movie before (Gremlins used to make me tear up when I was a kid and Jessie's backstory in Toy Story 2 comes close), but I've never had an emotional reaction like this. I have weird issues with growing up, the loss of childhood and outgrowing imagination, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but yeah, I lost my shit in the middle of a crowded theater.

An absolutely perfect movie.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I should bump this with my thoughts for us Europeans, who got it late.

My god was that film perfect. I was going into it with everyone hyping it, but still, it was as amazing as everyone had said. I teared up at the end, I couldn't stop myself, but this film was like saying goodbye to my childhood. I was 4 years old when Toy Story originally came out and as the finale came I found myself as a blubbering 18 year old. It was just a rush of emotion the whole way and that last scene pushed me over the edge.

Goodbye childhood :crying:

Oh and I wanted to punch the kid who said it wasn't as good as Sherek fucking 4, if I wasn't so busy trying to conceal my man-tears.

Edited by The Cool One

The short looked amazing in 3D, much more effective than the actual movie.

Not that it wasn't good in the movie. It wasn't in your face 3D but it worked. It added depth nicely and there was some beautifully subtle moments too. I'm glad I saw it in 3D.

For me the short was a definite wtf moment. I didn't see it in 3D so I'm guessing I didn't see it to its full potential but it didn't do it for me. It wasn't awful, just out of place.

For serious? That was my favorite Pixar short by far. It's the Wall-E of Pixar shorts, in that it pushes the modern boundaries of how to tell a story on film.

Yeah, definitely my favourite Pixar short.

Saw it last night and loved it. Slight disappointment in that I so wanted to cry but I just couldn't. I hope that is the end of the franchise now, at least as full-length films anyway, it had the perfect ending. I loved all the little Easter Eggs to, like Sid from the first Toy Story being the trash guy, for example.

I concur on how pointless 3D is. The only use I can see is for sport, but for films like Toy Story 3 it adds nothing and serves as a distraction. Luckily it didn't distract me at all because I was so engulfed in the story and didn't even notice it. £8+ for a Student ticket is too much though for my liking.

For me the short was a definite wtf moment. I didn't see it in 3D so I'm guessing I didn't see it to its full potential but it didn't do it for me. It wasn't awful, just out of place.

For serious? That was my favorite Pixar short by far. It's the Wall-E of Pixar shorts, in that it pushes the modern boundaries of how to tell a story on film.

It's the only Pixar short I've seen. I didn't know they were customary. The classification screen for Toy Story came up before they played it so I was expecting the main film... and then the Disney and Pixar logos came up... and then that. It was just weird. Like I said, not awful. But I don't really have anything to compare it to.

Saw this last night...I never got emotional like some people got. I mean was a quality film, a good finish to the franchise and had some lovely moments, but was never going to get teary eyes from it. 3D can fuck right off too. I can't believe people are buying into this shit, this time around.

I saw it at the weekend and it was wonderfully done. Absolutely wonderful. I teared up watching it towards the end and MPH you have no soul sir!