NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

What do you guys think about Shanahan becoming the new discipline czar? Tricky situation putting someone who played so recently in there I think. Surely there are guys in the league who he hated or those who hate him who will be whining after certain suspensions/fines.

Raffi Torres, bitch! What a way to end game one. If there were less penalties, that would have been an amazing game to watch. It was still fun with that shocking finale.

What do you guys think about Shanahan becoming the new discipline czar? Tricky situation putting someone who played so recently in there I think. Surely there are guys in the league who he hated or those who hate him who will be whining after certain suspensions/fines.

He's too much of a professional to be bias, and he's too respected for people to complain. Shanahan has been great for the league thus far.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Hopefully this leads to another Dan Hamhuis Situation where teams trade a bunch of picks to try and sign him early but he eventually does up with the Canucks anyway.

You and whose 80 million dollar cap, Sean? :P

They're projecting the cap could raise by (low end) 2 to (mid range) 4 or 5 to (highly optimistic) 8 million dollars for next year, so.

We still couldn't afford Richards since 4/7 of our backend are pending UFAs, but it's nice to dream.

Eh, I think raising it 8 it a bit much. I think players will just end of taking advantage of that by demanding more money to resign, and some teams will pay it because they might be able to afford it.

I'm still on fence with him becomming a NYR. I like him, but I just know this contract is going to be far more than he's worth, and everybody that comes to NYR ends up a bust anyway.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Eh, I think raising it 8 it a bit much. I think players will just end of taking advantage of that by demanding more money to resign, and some teams will pay it because they might be able to afford it.

It's not like the NHL just picks a random number and says "here's your cap!". It's based entirely on revenue. If the cap goes up 10%, that means NHL revenues went up 10%, and the players are entitled to their share of that money.

Yeah, from all accounts NHL revenue continues to grow in big markets while remaining completely stagnant in about 4 or 5 cities. Good for them, bad for them.

Another overtime game.