NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I almost felt dirty plus oneing a post of yours, but that's a class suggestion.

Also: Glencross got a great deal, both for him and for the organization.

You have no reason to, outlander.

I really like the price for Glencross, he'd easily command more in free agency and he's a valuable piece for Calgary going ahead. The no movement is kind of lol, calgary but he's coming at a cut-rate so you have to give something in return I guess.

• Like 1

Flames named Jay Feaster the official General Manager of the team today, after announcing that Curtis Glencross signed a deal for $2.55 million a year over four years. Good day for Flames fans.

Now, they DID give him a no-movement clause, but I still don't understand why everyone's reacting negatively to the signing on TSN's website. How many 25 goal scorers sign for two and a half million a year?

Yeah, he scored 25 goals. But that's the first time he's even come close and he's 28. Although, he hasn't played many full seasons. I'd say the price was just about right for him.

Guest mr. potato head

I don't get it.

Louis Riel is the only Winnipeg or Manitoban historical figure most Canadians can name. He's listed in Will Ferguson's seminal How To Be A Canadian as Manitoba's favourite hero, favourite villain, and official mascot.

Also, what cauc said. :)

Guest mr. potato head

But when pronounced properly, Real sounds nothing like Riel.

If you pronounce them both in Anglicized ways, they sound the same. If you pronounce them both in their respective native languages, they sound the same.

If you do one of each, that's just dumb. :)

• Like 2

Feeling pretty confident right now.

This is Vancouver's to lose. San Jose look like they have nothing.

San Jose played great to open the game, and even through most of the second period. They just self-destructed late.

Their coach said in the post game "you aren't in real trouble until you lose a game on home ice", which is the right attitude to have. The Sharks have to abandon the results of the first two games, and win both games at home. If they do that, it becomes a best of 3. If The Canucks win a game at the Shark Tank, than I think it is their series to lose. But San Jose is still very much in it and unless the next two games look more like the period 3 in game 2 than the first 2 periods of game 2, which I don't think they will, than they probably lose the series.

I agree with all of that, I guess I wasn't specific enough. I don't think they have anything in GM Place (whatever it's called now) and given that they have to play four times total in there, I just don't see it happening.

Oh, see, I dunno if I can agree with that. I think if the Sharks sweep at home, it's a brand new series, especially if any of the goals on Luongo are soft, or if the goals are plentiful. He hasn't played at all this year in the HP Pavilion (both Canucks games there, he was the backup), and he historically hasn't been stellar there. The Sharks can turn this series completely on it's head with one timely, or particularily cheesy, goal.

That said, if San Jose can only manage a split, I think they will have a big uphill battle in front of them. And if Vancouver wins both games in San Jose, I don't see any way they lose the series.

And if Vancouver wins both games in San Jose, I don't see any way they lose the series.

Oh, Sean, you so silly.

Personally, I think Vancouver has this. I think San Jose may grab one at home, but I don't know. Canucks are just way too hot right now. Speaking of which, I saw my first ever fucking Canuck jersey in Delaware, of all places, the other day. dry.gif