NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

The thing that worries me now is Boston. I think Tampa we can take; it'll probably be close, fast, and relatively tit for tat, but Boston plays a completely different style. I think that they'll have issues unless Thomas continues to let in 5 a game.

Guest mr. potato head

Feeling pretty confident right now.

For two periods it was tit for tat and then the Sharks just started playing like boobs, that really was the breast game ever :shifty:

• Like 3

Guest mr. potato head

Not impossible but probably pretty unlikely. Falcons seems to have a lot of local support for some reason, there's a bit of a history with Winnipeg and that name.

Is there a way the new franchise can get the nickname Jets back in return for continuing to let the failure that is the Coyotes stay in Phoenix? Like an agreement of some sort?

It would be a lot easier to do if it was the Yotes coming back, as its the same franchise. If you moved a different franchise to Winnipeg and called them the Jets - just as the smallest of concerns, who would hold Franchise scoring records?

Guest mr. potato head

And one of the biggest of concerns would be that I'm pretty sure the Yotes still hold all the Jets' trademarks and intellectual property rights and why would they give them up? :P

Also I just blew Ruki's mind by telling him that in the amount of time it would take me to drive from here to Winnipeg, I could drive from Kitchener to any of 13 NHL arenas. :shifty:

If they find a way to come back as the Jets they could do what the Cleveland Browns did and just cite the franchise history as having been interrupted. The more I think about it, the more far-fetched and unlikely it sounds. It'd be nice to see Winnipeg be given back all the trademarks and history, but people aren't so generous.

Any chance for realignment to happen? Like moving Columbus or Nashville to the East and shifting Winnipeg to the West?

And one of the biggest of concerns would be that I'm pretty sure the Yotes still hold all the Jets' trademarks and intellectual property rights and why would they give them up? :P

You mean the league owns them, and can give them to whoever they please :P

If they find a way to come back as the Jets they could do what the Cleveland Browns did and just cite the franchise history as having been interrupted. The more I think about it, the more far-fetched and unlikely it sounds. It'd be nice to see Winnipeg be given back all the trademarks and history, but people aren't so generous.

Any chance for realignment to happen? Like moving Columbus or Nashville to the East and shifting Winnipeg to the West?

Re-alignment will not be happening for the upcoming season, but will take place the year after. The Winnipeg team would stay in the Southeast Division for the coming season, and then likely be plopped into the Northwest Division afterwards. Nashville and Detroit have both petitioned to be moved to the Eastern Conference, and both teams would make sense to be there.

Detroit would get moved there first. To a degree I understand where Detroit is coming from, but on the other hand, why THE FUCK would you want to leave that division in order to play in one that probably features 3/4 playoff teams every single year? I mean, it's not exactly the Comedy Central anymore now that Nashville is decent, but fucking still.

Also, I'd still hit it.

I have some random and probably stupid idea, but it could work:

Team moves to Winnipeg, becomes the Jets again. Atlanta and Phoenix split a team, half the games in one city and half in the other.

Not that I really like the concept of a team in the South in the first place, but it would appease the small fanbases in both.

Guest mr. potato head

Who gets bumped from the NW? Colorado?

Darren Dreger suggested Colorado gets bumped, which bumps Dallas, which bumps Columbus or maybe Nashville but probably not Detroit.