NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

And really, you're going to back Boston because they're less douchey than The Red Sox, The Patriots, and The Celtics? That's kind of like saying "I'm a big Albert Speer fan, he was the friendliest of all the Nazis!"

There's too much here for it not to just be posted outright. Literally explosive bodychecks and players coagulating into a giant trophy, plus a segment containing the phrase "Healy should be the guy in the net".

Tampa would have been a terrible match for Vancouver and probably handed them the cup in a walk, so while Boston wasn't my choice it at least makes for a more interesting series of games. It'll be interesting to see how the Canucks' snipers respond to a lot of physical play from Lucic et al.

I've generally found the Bruins to be far more likeable than any other Boston franchise. Also fuck the Canucks.

That's because nobody remembers the Bruins exist and they haven't won a championship recently. Give them a Stanley Cup and you'll see all of New England hit douchical mass.

And really, you're going to back Boston because they're less douchey than The Red Sox, The Patriots, and The Celtics? That's kind of like saying "I'm a big Albert Speer fan, he was the friendliest of all the Nazis!"

I like Tim Thomas <_<

Also, supporting a divisional rival in the finals? Ew. It kills me that Ryan Kessler's not awful to watch.

I've generally found the Bruins to be far more likeable than any other Boston franchise. Also fuck the Canucks.

That's because nobody remembers the Bruins exist and they haven't won a championship recently. Give them a Stanley Cup and you'll see all of New England hit douchical mass.

Luckily, I know even fewer hockey fans than I do NFL fans. And living in the original England, I doubt I'll bump into many Bruins fans. Also, any English hockey fans won't be Bruins fans anyway, because a. They're not named after England in any way and b. They haven't won anything in like 40 years.

I'd like to see New Winnipeg be the ones to bring the Cup back to Canada anyway.

Luckily, I know even fewer hockey fans than I do NFL fans. And living in the original England, I doubt I'll bump into many Bruins fans. Also, any English hockey fans won't be Bruins fans anyway, because a. They're not named after England in any way and b. They haven't won anything in like 40 years.

I'd like to see New Winnipeg be the ones to bring the Cup back to Canada anyway.

Whereas I know a Boston fan and three Canucks, and the Boston fan is deliciously stereotypical in how much of a dick he gets over sports. Imagine Tawwwwmmy with a British accent and less racial slurs and you're in the ballpark. The Canucks? Lovely people.

But I'm in agreement on New Winnipeg.

I'm rooting for the Canucks because Boston fans are already too much. At least they can pride themselves on not being Philadelphia, apparently the Flyers won the Cup last year by the way the fans I know acted this year. I do like Tim Thomas, but that's it. Plus, a Canadian team needs to lift the Cup at some point.

But, whatever, I'm a Buffalo fan so hockey season always ends early for me.

Some guy is offering cash to buy his way into a suite during Canucks games. I'm considering counter offering with fellatio.

True North Sports and Entertainment, the ownership group reported to be in negotiations to purchase the Atlanta Thrashers and relocate the team to Winnipeg for the 2011-12 NHL season, has called a press conference today for 12 p.m. ET at the MTS Centre arena in Winnipeg.

Finally done?

Guest Neon Noodle

Yep, finally done. There's a special stage and road hockey nets set up for a big party at The Forks too.

I'm thrilled for Winnipeg - it might be a smaller arena, but they'll pack it every night, and it's not like the Thomsons can't afford some losses if it comes to that.

I do think the team can survive in Winnipeg. The area has grown, it has a strong economy, and the arena will be good once they upgrade the seating. As long as the team can get enough corporate sponsors, it should be able to break even.

It does suck that the Winnipeg team will be taking Atlanta's spot in the Southeast Division for the 2011/12 season. That is going to create some travel issues.

Guest Neon Noodle

I'm not sure the travel issues should really be that concerning. If there was an Atlanta schedule and a Winnipeg schedule floating around, presumably there are some differences. Maybe most of Winnipeg's road trips to play their division rivals are longer swings where they visit all four on the same trip.

The travel issues shouldn't be too bad. As said, Winnipeg has long road trips and stops in Florida, Tampa Bay, and Carolina. Then on another goes to Washington, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia. So on and so forth. They'll probably try to ensure they hit both Florida teams at the same time though. Going to Winnipeg won't be a real challenge for teams in the division, they can hit other teams on the trip too in the same way the Jets(?) will be hitting teams on their road trips.

Youtube doesn't work at my work com, Ruki. Any chance you (or someone else) could embed that? (For some reason embedded clips work)

I tried, but apparently I do not know how to embed a video >_<