The Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

Toe

I was reading through the "What Did You Watch Today?" thread and realized that a lot of people hate certain movies that others love. So, in this thread, I want to see what movie you absolutely hated. I'm not talking about the movies reputation, but what you actually thought when you sat and watched the movie.

I'll start off with one that might spark some argument. I will never watch Star Trek: The Motion Picture again. It is so long and so boring, and just has nothing in it to keep my attention. Even the moments of suspense and action are dull and slow. I've heard others say this and it is true - half the movie is the Enterprise floating through clouds. It blows me away that they were able to make such a great movie (Wrath Of Kahn) after making this turd.

It has the reputation as such already, but Showgirls is legitimately a terribly horrible sexist poorly written poorly acted trainwreck of a film. Hilarious as all hell, but it is a genuine moment where everything went wrong and it could not be blamed on five dollar budgets and poor effects. We are literally supposed to be massively turned on by this movie, which is near impossible with the 90s cheese overflowing it. Think about this: They made Jesse from Saved by the Bell kissing sex goddess Gina Gershon into the most uncomfortable thing imaginable. That's a bad movie.

Date Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. A thousand times this. My cousin dragged me to watch it. "The trailer looks funny", he said. We were the only two people on the whole room, the freakin' cinema was completely empty, and I just wanted it to end. Even he hated the movie. We actually thought about leaving, but we already had paid the ticket, so...

Date Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. A thousand times this. My cousin dragged me to watch it. "The trailer looks funny", he said. We were the only two people on the whole room, the freakin' cinema was completely empty, and I just wanted it to end. Even he hated the movie. We actually thought about leaving, but we already had paid the ticket, so...

I had the exact same experience with The Comebacks.

Death Racers, by The Asylum Pictures. It doesn't help that it was also an Insane Clown Posse/Juggalo movie. Raven was in it too, actually. All in all, it was absolutely fucking horrible.

Hellraiser 2. Ironically, if I solved a magic puzzle box and the cenobites came to torture me, I couldn't think of anything more painful than watching that film.

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto.

Rob Zombie makes a movie that's a giant reference to himself, and crams sex humor down your throat to the point where it stops being amusing and becomes tedious.

The movie has nazi zombies, and still sucks. THAT is how bad it is.

Here are my bottom five. Note: these aren't movies that are so bad they're good, suffered from low budget, or were rushed garbage designed to cash in on something else (like Transmorphers), they're just flat-out shit.

1. The Happening

Nothing about this movie is good. I suppose they were onto something with John Leguizamo's character, but gave him about four minutes of screen time. For a movie that was hyped as being M. Night's first R-rated feature, there's not nearly enough gore (or any gore really) to even give it a fun B-movie vibe. Horrible acting, horrible script, horrible story, horrible everything. Undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever wasted time on.

2. Lady in the Water

Not to pile on M. Night, I enjoyed all of his movies (even The Village) up to this point, but this movie was just fucking stupid. A complete waste of Paul Giamatti's talents and Bryce Dallas Howard's ability to be cute, sexy, creepy and charming all at the same time. For a movie that's supposed to be a modern fairy tale, I felt like I was just watching M. Night make shit up as he went along, and his ego shining through here doesn't help matters either.

3. Waterworld

I grew up in the 90s, a decade defined by special effects, so when a movie was coming out boasting the biggest budget in history, I expected the biggest movie in history... I got a movie where Kevin Costner drinks his own urine. Fitting, since I felt like Kevin Costner just peed in my mouth.

4. Crossroads

Yes, the Britney Spears movie and yes, I've seen it. And it sucks. A lot. I have a seething, somewhat over the top hatred for Taryn Manning, and the fact that she's in this movie just as much as Britney Spears just makes it even worse. A girl identifies her rapist by the liquor he drinks. I've seen better after school specials than this.

5. Showgirls

It's cliché to rag on this movie, but as ROC mentioned, it's a trainwreck. To quote Ghost World, it's so bad it goes past good and back to bad again. A movie about strippers that somehow manages to be unsexy and uninteresting.

I'll say that The Happening does inhabit that "so bad it's good" territory for me.

But then, my opinions are informed by my markdom for MST3K.

I would watch it again ONLY to see them rip on it. I would suspect it would be equal to the ripping on it everyone else has done though.