Best Movie You've Ever Seen

RPS

Simple and easy - what's the best movie you've ever seen. I like things to be definitive, so try and keep it to one movie to make the thread a bit more interesting. My choice?

Wizard of Oz. It's literally got everything - it's got action, suspense, fantasy and music all in one. It's absurd, heartwarming, over the top and all around amazing. I tend to dislike musicals - the suspension of disbelief in them is far too high. But the Wizard of Oz works. It's a fantasy land where everything occurs likely did happen. The use of technicolor in the film was superb and for the time was relatively groundbreaking, similar to the use of 3D and CGI in Avatar. All the performances in the film are wonderful, a bit over the top but it's a must for a fantasy film. In my mind, no film will come close to matching it.

The Warriors is THE greatest movie of all time.

• Like 2

The Crow has always been my favorite movie. It's got great dialogue, which I love. An over the top theme. Some great action and Brandon Lee. I love the dark atmosphere, and concept of the whole thing.

I've never had any clue as to what the main villain in that films goals are, but god damn he's so cool it doesn't matter at all.

• Like 1

The Crow has always been my favorite movie. It's got great dialogue, which I love. An over the top theme. Some great action and Brandon Lee. I love the dark atmosphere, and concept of the whole thing.

I've never had any clue as to what the main villain in that films goals are, but god damn he's so cool it doesn't matter at all.

Chaos. It's his only true goal. He just wants to control it all.

I think his agenda was...

1. Cause mayhem

2. Cause extra mayhem at Devil's Night

3. ???

4. Profit

My absolute favorite film is Glory, the Civil War film starring Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, and Morgan Freeman. Just an all around amazing movie just for those actors being in it at the start of their primes. Oh, and Cary Elwes, who is prone to making things better by being involved. And the best thing I've ever heard someone call someone else.

"You ugly Mexican African fucking whores!"

Amazing.

Stranger than Fiction - I'm not one who loves everything over the top with action or gore or suspense and Stranger than Fiction was a great rom com which had a plot that would have been so stupid in any other film but actually worked to it's advantage with this one. Great acting by everyone involved and gave me hope for Will Farrel as well as sending a nice message.

Simple and Classy. All it had to be to make it my favourite film

I'll go with 'Cinema Paradiso'. I don't watch a lot of films, and I can't really nail down any films that I love beyond recount, but 'Cinema Paradiso' is just a brilliant film. Touching, heart-warming, funny, well shot....a foriegn film that I would recommend to anyone, even those who aren't sure about watching films with subtitles.

.....ah fuck it, I'll be honest, I just chose it so I wouldn't have to admit that the real answer is 'Starship Troopers' :shifty:

Edited by Liam
  • Like 1