2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

Load of bollocks. The referee did fairly well considering diving and playacting from both teams, but Carvalho, Alonso and Marcelo all got well deserved bookings and could have had more in the case of the first two. I did feel the Higuain disallowed goal was harsh, but the fact remains that had Ronaldo not being leaping to the ground before hitting Pique he wouldn't have rolled into Mascherano anyway. It was a bizarre combination of simulation (TM Ezekiel Jackson) that probably should've been played on, but frankly Madrid you were beaten by a better team who actually wanted to attack. Messi's goal at the Bernebeu deserved the win on its own.

They're both as bad as each other, and I posted this the other week after the last clash and I stand by it. Both are equally as bad as each other and they bring out the worst in one another, it's depressing to watch.

It should be the best match of the year (or one of the top 5 given thats how often they play each other it seems) but no, it never is, it's always utter dross with flashes of brilliance in football offset by petulant childishness and down right bitterness. And then, for whatever reason, everyone in England seems to be assigned to either Real or Barca and defend them as vehemently as they would their own team.

Blegh. No more Classico's for many months for me, as far as I care.

United Team: Van Der Sar, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, O'Shea, Nani, Gibson, Scholes, Anderson, Valencia and Berbatov.

Thought Owen may have been given the nod but otherwise it's a decent team.

That's as weak a Man Utd team that you'll ever see in a Champions League semi-final. Hopefully Schalke grow a pair tonight and get an early goal to make it an interesting game rather than the United fuck about for 90 mins and get a 0-0 draw like I'm expecting.

That's as weak a Man Utd team that you'll ever see in a Champions League semi-final. Hopefully Schalke grow a pair tonight and get an early goal to make it an interesting game rather than the United fuck about for 90 mins and get a 0-0 draw like I'm expecting.

Yes, because the front 6 players really look like they're the type to just fuck around without attacking.

Subs: Kuzc, Evra, Owen, Giggs, Hernandez, Fletcher, Vidic

Atleast we've got a good bench just incase it starts to go wrong. If we can nick a goal on the break early on then it could be any score, but with this team I see it being similar to the Everton game a couple weeks back. Prediction 1-1, Gibson for United and Raul to score his last ever CL goal tonight.

Yes, because the front 6 players really look like they're the type to just fuck around without attacking.

What I meant was the obvious lack of conviction and natural cautiousness attached to such a leg considering the situation they're in and what's at stake.

Nothing to do with the quality of players out there.

lol at John O'Shea captaining a Champions League semi-final tie.

How does Gibson get in the Man U team? All he does is twat a ball into the crowd....

Amazing double tackle as well haha both got the ball, shame the ref decided to give a freekick :(

How does Gibson get in the Man U team? All he does is twat a ball into the crowd....

Clearly that pass for the goal shows there's more to him than meets the eye.

EDIT: And the goal, too. Gibson showing his brass tonight, it seems.

Edited by XEON BSIG

Schalke are so piss poor its unbelievable, Inter must be wondering what team they were playing just in the last round.

Neuer doing a Gomes haha, Schalke just need to play damage limitation otherwise this is going to turn into a rout.

They only need 3 more goals...... <_<

Edit: That Gibson goal was more Neuers fault than Gibson having an amazing shot. I just don't rate him, Yeh it was a good pass to set Valencia up but he's just one of those players I just don't think he's anything special or good.

Edited by davidmarrio

Good first half, the job is almost done now we've just gotta keep it tight and make so silly challenges. Definately see more goals in the second half.