EWB's Favourite Bands 2010: The Results

YI

I like the odd song here and there by NIN. Never got into the Downward Spiral despite that being their most acclaimed album. Some of the others are okay but nothing exceptional. David Bowie did what they do better.

...speaking of which - David Bowie is phenomenal. If anything this position is too low.

Mastodon are so-so.

Aside from the odd tune Oasis are a band of no merit. Their greatest hits came out recently and I've had to suffer through it being played by colleagues who border on obsessive when it comes to Oasis. Horrible.

Rise Against? nah.

I personally love me a bit of both of these bands. Earlier Blur at least, anyway. Saw Pearl Jam live at Hard Rock Calling, was one of the last bands I really wanted to go out of my way to see live, wasn't dissapointed. They are probably fairly polarising on here though, I'm guessing.

I like the Pearl Jam song that goes "fight to get it back again" or whatever cause one of the people at work always plays it. I also like EVEN FLOOOOOOW and Alive but I don't actually know anything else.

Blur are a wonderful singles band but I don't think they've really ever released a great album. However, they have had plenty of good ones, with Modern Life Is Rubbish being a particular favourite. Reunion tour last year looked excellent and I was upset not to see them in Glasgow. On balance though, I'm glad that Damon is back to doing Gorillaz. And that Graham is back to his solo stuff for that matter. And that Alex is back to doing cheese for that matter.And the politician guy...

I like the Pearl Jam song that goes "fight to get it back again" or whatever cause one of the people at work always plays it. I also like EVEN FLOOOOOOW and Alive but I don't actually know anything else.

'The Fixer' from their newest album. Good song.

I just really can't get into Mastodon, I've tried and just can't.

I have a real dislike of the whole "industrial" thing that NIN do. Industrial just bores me to tears. I have a couple of songs though, but I found out that the song I like the most is a cover of Joy Division's Dead Souls only about a month ago.

I used to like Rise Against, but I overlistened to them and now they do my head in. I can stomach "Paper Wings" though.

Pearl Jam are ok. *cough* :shifty: Only about 3 years ago I didn't like them, but I gave Even Flow a chance in preparation for Guitar Hero 3. I then listened to Ten and it blew me away. Only had other albums except for Ten since around about a year ago starting with Vs., then got Backspacer when that came out and then Vitalogy for Christmas. I've listened to the rest on Spotify. I'm going to try and get all of the albums legit at some point as they all are so far. I've said it before but to me Pearl Jam have out-grown the grunge label and have just become a plain and simple, straight-up rock band.

I'm a little surprised to see that Soundgarden are in the top 10, and beating both Pearl Jam AND Nirvana.

Paramore are balls. I just can't get into rock with female vocalists, every sounds like Avril Lavigne to be. Their cover of the Foo's "My Hero" is excellent though, I think I prefer it. Apart from that I wouldn't be able to tell you a single song.

Muse. I don't hate Muse. I don't like Muse. But whenever someone talks about them I always think "meh/ugh". I should probably try and actually listen to some stuff, but they sort of seem a bit to have an air of shrill, space-age, faux-opera pretension. If that makes sense.

Edited by TheModernWay

I'm a little surprised to see that Soundgarden are in the top 10, and beating both Pearl Jam AND Nirvana.

Is it more believable that I made a fuck-up and for some reason Soundgarden is in my Excel file spread out as "Soundgarden" and "Sound Garden" and "Soundgarden (numbers)", has 3-votes and should be around the mid 60's. :shifty:

Edited by YI

I just really can't get into Mastodon, I've tried and just can't.

It's probably because they aren't some form of post-grunge drivel.

Wow, dick move. <_<

I missed the oppurtunity to take the piss out of you earlier for the Limp Bizkit and Puddle Of Mudd votes, that's all. Couldn't resist it :P