EWB's Favourite Bands 2010: The Results

YI

Hoorah for Blur! Top ten is groovy. Amazing singles band, no albums I'd rate 5/5 but you'll find very few better "Best Of" albums around....Also enough amazing songs to totally fill up gigs with no filler whatsoever.

Muse...I have decided that old school Muse is still great. Showbiz is haunting and edgy and totally not the faux-space opera stuff that they're known for now.

The best thing Paramore have ever done is "Don't Stand On Ceremony" by MiMi Soya.

+1 indeed

I've totally went off MiMi Soya now. :( I mean it started when they kicked out Hero, and found a girl with a just about as silly a name. But the new girls sounds SO SIMILAR, it's not even natural. And the new EP has a couple of good tracks "I Told You So" and "I Can't Stand Pop Bands", the other two are gash. But in comparison to the 'new' song churning around a year or two ago; "Don't Stand On Ceremony", "Crazy", "Lock Up Your Sons"...they're rubbish. :(

I think these sort of bands have a bit of a limited shelf life, partly as there's limited variation in their songs, but also cos 95% of the bands sound exactly the same. The Automatic Loveletter album was a bit of a flop too. :(

Also enough amazing songs to totally fill up gigs with no filler whatsoever.

Well why the fuck did they play "Essex Dogs" on some of their reunion gigs last year? :shifty:

Edited by YI

Muse...I have decided that old school Muse is still great. Showbiz is haunting and edgy and totally not the faux-space opera stuff that they're known for now.

I've always found it peculiar that between us, we like everything Muse has done, but there's no overlap whatsoever.

Hehehe yeah it is really strange. Stick us both at a Muse gig that covers all of their albums and we'd both have a good time but for totally different reasons.

Yay, Paramore. The list has still been very hit and miss for me, but I dig Paramore. Though, they've inspired a good few bands with female punk vocals as the huge attraction. Still, glad to see them high up - and I'm looking forward to the top 6. I haven't counted the votes, but I think Gorillaz and Eminem are still to come - so that's good (Y)

Blur in the top 10! Fuck me that's awesome. I will always have a hard on for Oasis' first two albums and they're two of my favourites ever but then things got worse... but I still like a good few of their later tracks. I don't know if I could call them my favourite band any more though. I honestly don't know who is.

6. EMINEM (672pts - 8 votes)

Eminem.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: 57

STUDIO ALBUMS: 7

5. FRANK TURNER (752pts - 8 votes)

Frank+Turner+Possibly+the+best.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: 14

STUDIO ALBUMS: 3

Edited by YI

4. GORILLAZ (774pts - 9 votes)

Gorillaz+PNG.png

PLACE LAST YEAR: n/a

STUDIO ALBUMS: 3

3. THE BEATLES (1704pts - 12 votes)

The+Beatles+1130.png

PLACE LAST YEAR: 1

STUDIO ALBUMS: 12

Last lot will be up before 7 cos I'm heading to the pub. So...DRUMROLL!!!!!

Edited by YI

That is an awesome picture of The Beatles. Metallica wins, something else I probably don't care for in second, for me the list ends here. Gorillaz going from not placing to fourth is pretty damn awesome, though.