EWB's Favourite Bands 2010: The Results

YI

Suppose I might as well be first to make myself unpopular.

Another Level - ...it's in the name

The White Stripes - Kind of boring. Their cover of I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself is fabulous. Unfortunately Meg the Munt's inability to drum in time is not charming or authentic. It is just irritating. The only Jack White album I really like all that much is the Dead Weather's most recent. I don't really need to say any more after that. Although My Doorbell is lovely too, as is the song that sounds exactly like it.

Stone Temple Pilots - boring

Judas Priest - "hey guys, let's wear tight leather and chains!"

"swell idea Rob!"

...several years later...

"what the fuck Rob? you're gay?"

also a little boring.

Florence + the Machine - Alright. I like Drumming and that cover of You've Got The Love everyone hated. And the other singles too I suppose. Shame about the rest of the album though. Also I would not dry hump her. ewwwww.

A Perfect Circle - many wonderful musicians = shitty results

Florence + the Machine - Alright. I like Drumming and that cover of You've Got The Love everyone hated. And the other singles too I suppose. Shame about the rest of the album though. Also I would not dry hump her. ewwwww.

See I always thought she were a bit of a munt. But she looked damn fucking good at Leeds last year, and she was on the Sunday which is the sober day...well "sober" day. But she's got some fucking gorgeous legs on her.

...and this is where people are cunts for not actually putting proper band names. They're called "The White Stripes"...not "White Stripes". Just like it's "The Gaslight Anthem" not "Gaslight Anthem"...and now my Another Level joke wont work. :(

Deleted the first post and posting it again...grrrrr;

SpiritLevel_7004.jpg

another-level-be-alone-no-more-405323.jpg

98. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS (40pts - 2 votes)

stone_temple_pilots_picture.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: n/a

STUDIO ALBUMS: 6

I MISS THE COOPER TEMPLE CLAUSE: ...even their 3rd album was fucking amazing

98. JUDAS PRIEST (40pts - 2 votes)

judas-priest-at-tct-fri.gif

PLACE LAST YEAR: 50

STUDIO ALBUMS: 16

TALLY OF ARTISTS MY DAD LIKES: 1 (2 if you include Miles Davis)

98. FLORENCE & THE MACHINE (40pts - 2 votes)

florence.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 1

TALLY OF ARTISTS I'D DRY HUMP LIKE A DOG UNTIL I SPUNKED DOWN THEIR LEGS: 1 (...2 if you include Miles Davis :shifty:)

97. A PERFECT CIRCLE (42pts - 2 votes)

0803_a_perfect_circle_c.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 3

...FUCK IT...CAN'T BE ARSED: ...

96. COHEED & CAMBRIA (42pts - 2 votes)

coheedsized.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: 62

STUDIO ALBUMS: 5

COHEED & CUMBRIA: ...good eye sniper

I'm somewhat amazed that people even remember Stone Temple Pilots, let alone give a shit about them. They were one of the most forgettable bands of that era, which is saying something.

Judas Priest have one or two nice tunes, but I don't much care for them for the most part.

Only knowingly heard one or two Florence & The Machine tracks. Girl With One Eye is class, anything else sounds dull as dull.

A Perfect Circle and Coheed & Cambria are both a bit naff.

95. LAMB OF GOD (42pts - 2 votes)

mds-lamb-of-go.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 6

...: ...eugh

94. TENACIOUS D (42pts - 3 votes)

ents_lb_large.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 2

THIS ISN'T THE WORST LIST IN THE WORLD: It's just a tribute

93. MUMFORD & SONS (44pts - 4 votes)

mumford_and_sons.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 1

TALLY OF ARTISTS SEEN LIVE: 2

92. MOTORHEAD (45pts - 3 votes)

motorhead.jpg

STUDIO ALBUMS: 19

THE ACE OF SPADES: THE ACE OF SPADES!

91. BRAND NEW (45pts - 3 votes)

BrandNew.jpg

PLACE LAST YEAR: 37

STUDIO ALBUMS: 4

TALLY OF ARTISTS SEEN LIVE: 3

Edited by YI

Lamb Of God are shite, but a French bloke once shouted it at me from a yacht, so I'll let them off.

Tenacious D are absolute wank, one or two songs were funny the first time round, when I was fifteen. Now they definitely aren't, and it amazes me that people still listen to them.

I've only heard one song by Mumford & Sons, it was nice enough.

Motorhead are absolutely brilliant, one of my favourite bands of all time. You've almost made up for past indiscretions by at least bothering to vote for them, EWB.

...actually, no, Brand New? Fuck you, EWB >_>

Coheed and Cambria - I love most of their three or four minute poppy songs. Could do without the twelve minute marathon pieces though.

Lamb of God - listening to them is like chewing a crow bar. in the bad way.

Tenacious D - absolutely fucking shite. I've only heard two of their songs but that's enough.

Mumford and Sons - I listen to them and I'm back in the 1880s. Britannia rules the waves and all the wogs want to be just like us. In the bad way mind. Also the singer's head looks like a misshapen turnip. As for the music - it is very blehhh. Roll Away Your Stone is a nice little ditty though, as is Dust Bowl Dance. Aside from that their album is shit. I actually liked the album at first listen but when I listened to it for a second time it was horrible. Still remains so. A horrible band. Kill them before they get a chance to kill you. I was asked by this guy if I would like to go see them as he had a spare ticket. I told him I would rather die. I didn't actually. But I would.

Motorhead - I don't really know Motorhead. I imagine I'd like them though.

Brand New - I like that album with the spaceman on it but the new one is a bit of a drag.

Really, really underwhelming first ten. When my favorite band out of the group is either a novelty act or a band that hasn't released a song of any importance to me since 2001 (I really liked "Days of the Week" by STP, for some reason. But then, I was thirteen) that's not a good sign. Admittedly I'm not really counting the metal acts who are probably good but I don't really listen to metal.

None of these bands have interested me, and I despise 'comedy' music like Tenacious D.

Brand New's Devil & God album is pretty good but rely's too much on the "really mellow then SHOUTYNESS". Deja Intendu is OK too, as is Daisy, but it drags a little. Didn't know they had a fourth album.

I used to really like STP, but not as much now. Plush is a fantastic song and there are a couple of other good songs on Core too, but apart from that I'm largely uninterested.

Motorhead have four songs not one: Ace of Spades and the 3 WWE/Triple H songs. :shifty: *is reminded of Line in the Sand :wub:*

Coheed & Cambria aren't too bad either, their latest album and the one with the red 4 on it possibly may favourites as they're less on the pretentious wankery on those too albums. I couldn't tell you the difference between any of the songs though barring Far from the new one.

Edited by TheModernWay

Stone Temple Pilots - boring as hell

Judas Priest - legends; very good live

Florence & the Machine - wouldn't know (nice legs though :shifty: )

A Perfect Circle - a mate of mine loves them, and I generally trust his musical opinion

Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo I is one of my favourite albums of all time and In Keeping Secrets... is also great. Apollo II was a let down though, and I've not heard much of the new one.

Lamb of God - never been overly impressed with them

Tenacious D - I've always found them fun, but I could understand people's dislike

Mumford&Sons - wouldn't know

Motorhead - Ace of Spades is great, as is Smiling Like A Killer. Outside of that they've had varying success at re-writing Spades :P

Brand New - Deja Entendu is great, though the latest album was pretty dull

I really don't get the "Motorhead only have one song" argument - it's not like they're AC/DC or Status Quo; yeah, they don't deviate too much, but they've got some interesting stuff in there...some damn good acoustic and blues stuff (Lemmy harmonica FTW), and a couple of tracks with - shock horror - no guitar. Even from their more conventional "metal" stuff, just take a listen to Bomber, Dead Men Tell No Tales, The Chase Is Better Than The Catch....hell, practically anything they did before or around the same time of Ace Of Spades, and hardly any of it is anything like "that song", and barely anything since has been after.