Axl Rose Storms off Stage Prompting Ireland to Hate Him

Hobo

Disaster was in the air at tonight's Guns N' Roses gig at The O2 when front man Axl Rose walked off stage after only 20 minutes. Fans were left bitterly disappointed after waiting for over an hour for the band to appear on stage in the first instance.

Trouble was brewing as fans began to get agitated whilst waiting for Guns N' Roses to come on stage, only making an appearance at 10.25pm - well over an hour after the support act, Danko, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

After a mediocre start, Axl Rose stopped the band after breaking into Welcome to the Jungle - just as the crowd were beginning to be won over - after another bottle was thrown up on stage. At this he announced "one more bottle and we're going home, we're here to have fun and we hope you are too, but one more and we are gone".

The gig continued for another 3 songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10.50pm.

Just after 11pm, a member of the O2 staff arrived on stage telling the crowd that there were some "technical difficulties" and they were trying to get GnR back on stage. A short while after, another staff member arrived on stage to plead with the now depleting crowd to stop throwing bottles as they were still trying to get Axl Rose to return to the stage. 11.10pm, the main lights came on and the majority of the crowd left The O2.

The night was not over yet however, with GnR returning to the stage at about 11.25pm and continued playing a set to a small but pretty irate crowd.

No official statement has been issued as of yet, nor any news about refunds - if any - but stay tuned for further updates.

This has led to a nights worth of fun tweets and the spamming of his wiki page http://i54.tinypic.com/l8y2e.jpg (mickey = penis).

Yeah, throw a bottle at him. That'll teach him to be tardy!

If he had been on time, there would have still been beer in that bottle, thus no need to throw it at him. "Damn you Rose!" *takes aim* "Wait there's still beer in here!" *clugclugclug* "Yurrr my best mate Axl"

The guy was entering the Angry drunk phase, a hour earlier he was a Merry Drunk

Axl rose is easily the largest waste of potential the music industry has ever seen. It's quite sad to watch at some points.

It's hardly a waste of potential. He made one good album, and then lost it. That's not a waste of potential, that's only having enough material for one good album.

• Like 2

The sound of breaking bottles is a great way to indicate the passage of time, too. And the glass too; the more of it that accumulates, the longer the delay has been.

And since I'm here, I'm tired of people in the media, or people who organize shows, referring to bottles as "missiles". Getting bottles thrown at you sucks. Getting attacked with missiles is an entirely different predicament.

And since I'm here, I'm tired of people in the media, or people who organize shows, referring to bottles as "missiles". Getting bottles thrown at you sucks. Getting attacked with missiles is an entirely different predicament.

Axl Rose just out of picture...

The sound of breaking bottles is a great way to indicate the passage of time, too. And the glass too; the more of it that accumulates, the longer the delay has been.

In this case it would be the clunk of plastic bottles!

What I've seen of present day Guns n' Roses (once they actually get on stage) is actually pretty good. The songs I like are basically those from Appetite and November Rain and they do them pretty well. The playing styles of the other members are fairly easily imitated and Axl Rose still has his voice. Funny to see the guitarist wearing a top hat though. >_>