Male or Female

zero

64 members have voted

1. 1. When you create a character in a video game, they are traditionally

• Male
    • Female
    • I eventually play as both

I'll generally play a male character for the first playthrough when I'm into the game and stuff, and a female for the second playthrough when I'm pretty much just achievement whoring and could use the ass on the screen for something to look at.

I normally play as a girl if it allows me to, but that isn't really a big surprise for me I'd have thought. The only game I can think of where I've not is something like Harvest Moon, since they tend to bring out the female option, but I just don't get it there <_<. Although I'm going to have to play as the guy character in the new Pokemon games since the girl's hair is stupid and would annoy me far too quickly.

I eventually play as both genders. However, when I make male characters, I don't try to make them a representation of myself. If I tried to make, for example, my Commander Shepard look like myself, it'd be like Jonah Hill trying to play the action hero. (I just use the default Mark Vanderloo-based look for male Shepard, since everything else just looks generic and samey.)

Edited by TenaciousG

I'll generally play a male character for the first playthrough when I'm into the game and stuff, and a female for the second playthrough when I'm pretty much just achievement whoring and could use the ass on the screen for something to look at.

I do the opposite. I'd rather look at the guy for less time.

Dragon Age? I've played through repeatedly every different origin both male and female, just so I get all the story and all the conversation options. The Female version of the City Elf origin is much more badass. I recommend it over the male any day.

Fable 2 was the same bit.

If I play a game with options I'll replay every option.

Usually Male, but in RPGs or games where gender has some effect on dialog and the like (especially Bioware games), I usually play through the second time with a female character.

I heard in one of the early previews of Fable 3 they were talking about letting you have children with your xbox live friends' characters of the opposite gender. For those of you who play female characters, will you be making babies with your friends? Or is that weird?

I try to make myself in the game as well, for total immersion and because I look like a bit of a freak anyway.

Whenever I'm achievement writing and need to be evil I go as a girl...reminds me that I'm playing a character, and that it's not actually me.

I usually play a male my first time through, and all male characters that I create tend to look the same way - and it's always a good/paragon playthrough. My second playthrough is always as a redheaded female and that one is an evil/renegade playthrough.. without fail, every game that offers me a choice.