Minecraft!

Sousa

In lieu of burning down Dan's house, I will come and burn down Ruki's instead!

Why would you do that? it took me like....20 minutes to make it! :crying:

But yeah, I wanna find a server with EWBers that allows explosions. I want to set booby traps all over the place. Fucking Rooster Teeth putting the idea in my head.

I've moved into your village and burrowed into the water's edge. No-one else seems to be around at the moment though.

Come be my neighbor!

I'm also thinking of opening an underground (literal) fight club

I also think we need a large city wall, to keep out the undesirables.

Hey Ruki

rukishouse.jpg

....did you put a creeper in my house?!

Yeah, I gave him a couple saplings and a pat on the back and he just waltzed right in there. Nice fella.

• Like 1

....holy crap, I think I can play Minecraft at work. I REALLY wish my monitor wasn't facing the doorway.

Also...questions about multiplayer servers....

Multiplayer Server

If you're running on Windows and just want to set up a server easily, download Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB) and run it.

If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it's a bit more involved (see this wiki article for a tutorial). First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.jar (621 KB) with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui.

That makes it sound like that I just have to use that program? Is it free?

Edit: Nope. No Minecraft. Apparently my video card is shit.

Yeah, it's free. You'll need decent internet and Hamachi along with the server program though. Just download the server, run the program and it'll create a file that can be read in notepad called "Server". Open that and go to the past that says IP or Server IP or something like that.

Then, using Hamachi, set up a network and copy the IP from that into the notepad file. It should work. Then if you want to play with anyone, you just get them to join your Hamachi network and enter the IP in their Minecraft.

That sounds complicated and stuff :shifty:

Maybe I should learn about the base game more before I do that.

Also, TKz, PM your name so I can send you the server info/get you whitelisted. I still need to do that for Ellis and Rocky. I still think we should build a giant wall around the city.

The hamachi servers are really easy to run once you figure it out.

But I wouldn't recommend running anything with too many people unless you have a very good computer for it.

But I would recommend it for people who want to do adventure maps with a couple of people etc,

That sounds complicated and stuff :shifty:

Maybe I should learn about the base game more before I do that.

Also, TKz, PM your name so I can send you the server info/get you whitelisted. I still need to do that for Ellis and Rocky. I still think we should build a giant wall around the city.

Do it already!