Minecraft!

Sousa

Iron is second only to diamond in terms of strength and durability. More versatile, too, as you can make anything from carts to golems with it.

Lapis in mainly for decor, but I understand being bummed about losing some. I always throw down a block of Lapis to decorate my abode, just as a status symbol. I've been to the depths, brother.

Remembering a canal I was trying to dig at the bottom of my ravine (I'd accidentally sealed the source block of water for the naturally occuring river. I decided to dig that all the way until I found something. Turns out that it ran parallel to the access tunnel leading to the abandoned mineshaft i'd already found and explored. So I decided to dig down from the entrance of that until bedrock. Found some more Iron, found some Diamond (:o !) and found some redstone blocks. Yay! Then I decided to make some buckets. A carefully placed bucket at the top of the canal actually flooded the ENTIRE canal...then into the abandoned mineshaft...then INTO the secondary dunnel I dug...all the way to bedrock. Unreal. Then, when I got to the top of the canal, I realised something. So I dug down a two block hole from the antechamber in my main base...and sure enough, it lands in the canal. So I made a pair of trapdoors, and voila~! I now have a waste disposal system. Toss unwanted items into the trapdoor, and they get washed away down to bedrock. It kind of functions a bit like a toilet flushing.

Those loose items might cause lag until they despawn if you let out enough of them . If you can work cactus into it some way the cactus will destroy the items.

Found cacti! And a desert biome! Took some back to my original mountain base, and built a desert manor!

DesertManor2.png

Okay, so we have a 2 story + attic house with a lovely dual-netherrack pillar-o-flame setting out the front to keep baddies from spawnin' near mah front door. To the left of that, in the front yard is my main nether portal (With netherrack-on-fire forming the top left and right corners. Felt appropriate.) The back and camera-side yards are linked with glass hallways that lead to: (clockwise, starting from the backyard) My Tree Farm, chicken coop, carrot farm and a wheat greenhouse. To the left was a small lake that I carved out some expansion for then bridged over the top of. My main mine is just behind the lake, and there are two other areas where it breaks the surface. It also links into to an underground passage that is about a dozen blocks below ground level here which comes up some ladders into a trapdoor setup in the ground floor of my house.

Deciding that i've accomplished enough with this I set out over yonder sand hills and have discovered a curious place where desert meets snow and have decided to build a new base into a snowy mountain. and then see what I can gather from here.

• Like 1

What's the deal with raiding in this game? As my 9 year old brother is crying his eyes out that he got raided of all his stuff.

He needs to play on a server that has protections and shit. There are tons of kids on MC, there must be servers out there set up for kids.

• Like 1

What's the deal with raiding in this game? As my 9 month old brother is crying his eyes out that he got raided of all his stuff.

Why is a baby playing minecraft?

Holy crap, epic typo. 9 year old obviously.

I got lost trying to take minerals back from my snow cave to my desert manor. 100 iron, 100 more iron ore to be smelted, 40 gold and a half-dozen diamonds. I'm crestfallen. I think i'm just going to start a new world.

Except you're cheating.

Fixing the game isn't cheating. Just like Optifine, Inventory Tweeks and Damagae indicators, it should be in Minecraft by default. At the very least you should be able to mark the maps you make in-game and stich them together to make a worthwile usable map. Losing the shit you've slaved on because you went out to find the stronghold or just because you went mining and ended up far away isn't fun.