Minecraft!

Sousa

New launcher is a piece of shit that makes it a pain in the ass to install mods.

To be fair, isn't that launcher less than three weeks old? May take the modding community a bit of time to catch up.

You can use previous versions with the new launcher which means you can install mods that aren't on the newest version. it's still a pain in the ass to create a modded game. I did it though. Got my main 2 working. I imagine I'm going to scream when I try to get a modded 1.4.7 going so I can build on my creative world cause that has like 10 mods and the new way things are set up makes forge not work.

Did anyone else notice the game running slower/a little more laggy with the new launcher installed? I only tried it once, but that was the experience I had.

God yeah. Even with Optifine I get lag when I'm fighting mobs. Sometimes it's like I'm playing on a really shit server.

Did anyone else notice the game running slower/a little more laggy with the new launcher installed? I only tried it once, but that was the experience I had.

God yeah. Even with Optifine I get lag when I'm fighting mobs. Sometimes it's like I'm playing on a really shit server.

It's the zombies.

When the lag gets sorted out my plan for my Single Player is to finish walling off this village I found with Stone Brick walls and to improve the houses. . Unlike my online game I'm going to build my base above the village instead of under it. I'm going to need a lot of glowstone to make up for no sun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got lost trying to take minerals back from my snow cave to my desert manor. 100 iron, 100 more iron ore to be smelted, 40 gold and a half-dozen diamonds. I'm crestfallen. I think i'm just going to start a new world.

I found my desert manor! Turns out I just veered ever so slightly off-course and didn't course-correct properly. I've marked the way with Torch Outposts like so many crumbs to the witches' house.

In my new world, I did a Survival Island from earlier in the thread. It was a struggle early. It also didn't help that there's nowhere to hide from an Enderman. I've gone back to this map because I made the FOOL error of striking out at a Zombie Pigman out of instinct, thinking it was a wither skeleton. Now i'm mobbed whenever I go back through the portal. Also there's three ghasts basically carpet bombing me whenever I warp in.

Eh, until these systems support modding somehow, Minecraft on anything other than PC seems pointless to me. It's fun for a few weeks/months in vanilla and every so often when an update drops, but the thing that's kept it so god damn popular for the last few years is the servers and mods and all the extra crap. I can have fun in vanilla with someone else for a while and then get bored and not touch it for months and months. All the other stuff, though? Keeps the game fresh all year round. At this point, it coming to PS3/4/Vita is just a novelty, really.

Makes sense though, what with the Vita now apparently being the Indie Game Machine 3000.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

skykingdom.png

Due to a virus I had to wipe my Minecraft install. So I started again, and instead of building houses always threatened by creepers, I have instead opted to build my lair high into the air! Bottom floor is my crafting area (I may have to en-biggen this, it's only got a table, a single furnace, an incinerator and a 1 square pool in case I catch fire.) Second floor is my sleeping cabin. Third floor is my storage facility where I have six 2-chest stacks. Then I have two long wooden walkways connecting various treetops.

• Like 1