Minecraft!

Sousa

My house is now connected to the ground floor by minecart tracks. I have seperate railcarts that take me to the sleeping chamber (second floor) and storage area (top floor)

The sky walkway that extends to the left in the upper picture is now a seperate rail cart track that takes me allll the way across the map (over 150 squares so far I would say) and drops me off in a new cave I'm about to start exploring. I want to clear out a safe area just above bedrock and go exploring out for diamond and gold. Ideally I want to start making a minecart system/rollercoaster in the Nether :D

So In order to get it from the sky walkway to ground level I wrapped a descending track around a scaffolding setup which you can see here, It starts by coming off the sky walkway which you can see at top-middle. The descent is complete and I just have to lay the track over it. I'd say this took me 200 lots of planks to establish.

scaffolding.png

I think it's survival. Check YouTube videos to see.

I've been playing with the Hexxit mod launcher lately and it's so fun. It uses a version of MC from before the launcher update and runs so much better than current vanilla MC.

I've found that Minecraft has actually been running way better for me on my poxy old integrated graphics. Use to run like 20fps or lower on shitty settings and now it's like 40+ on good settings.

And Plubby's setup is crazy, not sure I could do with living in the sky.

• Like 1

Yes, of course. If I wanted to pirate it, I wouldn't need advice on how to do that.

But I mean, where should I go for advice on how to play the game? What mods/options do you recommend and such.

Find a let's Play on YouTube. I suggest season 1 of CaptainSparklez survival series. I'll proved a link in about ten minutes when I'm not posting from my iPod.

Yes, of course. If I wanted to pirate it, I wouldn't need advice on how to do that.

But I mean, where should I go for advice on how to play the game? What mods/options do you recommend and such.

Find a let's Play on YouTube. I suggest season 1 of CaptainSparklez survival series. I'll proved a link in about ten minutes when I'm not posting from my iPod.

Thank you for the suggestion. No need for a link, I'm sure I can find it myself.

Thank you for the suggestion. No need for a link, I'm sure I can find it myself.

I got it already :lol:

That's the first episode of the first season. He has two seasons after that are modded.

I've found that Minecraft has actually been running way better for me on my poxy old integrated graphics. Use to run like 20fps or lower on shitty settings and now it's like 40+ on good settings.

And Plubby's setup is crazy, not sure I could do with living in the sky.

Oh, I fall and die A LOT.

I'm a bit of a coward, if you put torches on the roof and keep the walkways narrow, mobs don't spawn. So I can sleep without worry about what i'll walk into when I wake up.

I only need another 12 or 13 gold I would say to complete the track to take me down into the mine.

• 1 month later...

I love it. Wasn't too sure about the joysticks but once I messed with the sensitivity and turned it up I had no issues. Slightly disappointed the demo has a time limit, I was hoping I'd get free reign on the demo world but that's nothing against the game, they have to make sure people don't just live off the demo.

Edit:Oh yeah, I find sprinting to be a bit off. Double press joystick forward just doesn't work sometime.

Does The Nether have it's own music on PC? I play with music off normally but never bothered to turn it off on the PS3 demo and went into The Nether to hear some really ominous music.

After spending near no real time playing this and spending all my time on twitch I kind of am semi wanting to get back into MineCraft so I found the old 404 challenge and used SPC to change it to Hardcore mode.

This is going to end badly... And quickly :/

• Like 1

I started out in a snow biome with a giant chasm right behind me and a village just about a mile away. Village had nothing interesting in it, but that chasm runs from the snow to the jungle and I was checking out the jungle portion of it and there's an NPC mineshaft down in it. Found a ton of iron and coal down there after having no luck finding any in caves that I had made myself.

This game is fun. It'd be more fun if online wasn't so screwy on the PS3. The past two nights I've tried to play with my friends, I either get a shitload of lag that makes it unplayable or I get "connection lost: the host has exited the game" when I try to join my friend's games. Apparently it's a known issue with the PS3 version right now..