Minecraft!

Sousa

I'm getting the hang of this! I have started a lovely new base embedded into a kind of...tropical-tree covered giant hill. The main entrance is hidden away by a (mostly) secret staircase and the back entrance opens out into a ravine where i'm starting my tree farm! I've got a cavern up high where my bed and chest is, and a crafting table/furnace combo - and that's up high, monsters don't appear to spawn in the steppes. And I have a lovely spiral staircase (with real stairs!) connecting the ravine entrance to the "ops chamber" Also if I go out exploring, on two of the sides I have erected giant cobblestone towers that extend hiiigh into the air so I don't get lost (again). Now I just have to secure a food supply more regularly without killing all the animals.

You should really look into installing the mini-map mod. It really should be built into Minecraft.

I just built like a....30-40 block high tower and jumped from it into water in the name of not getting lost. I shall NEVAR use a mini-map and continue to construct giant cobblestone penises into the sky!

• Like 2

I use to do that till I realized it doesn't work. You can't make a tower large enough to be seen from everywhere on the map since the map goes on forever. You'll warm up to the idea when you lose all your shit again.

Well at the moment I'm not really expanding outwards over land, so maybe i'll just create a series of underground caverns and tunnels and then put up giant cobblestone penises up near the entry points. That's all i'll need.

Also I accidentally pushed a pig down into the ravine entrance, so I have kept it there along with a pair of chickens I enticed with seeds. I'd kept them in this 6x4 pen and planned to dig down the side of the ravine to provide them with more room that was still naturally lit. Every time I was near them though they kept looking at me and I was projecting sadness onto them as if to say "why are you keeping us in this small natural pen?" So I dug them a small circuit that gives them room to run around and whatnot.

• Like 2

Well at the moment I'm not really expanding outwards over land, so maybe i'll just create a series of underground caverns and tunnels and then put up giant cobblestone penises up near the entry points. That's all i'll need.

Also I accidentally pushed a pig down into the ravine entrance, so I have kept it there along with a pair of chickens I enticed with seeds. I'd kept them in this 6x4 pen and planned to dig down the side of the ravine to provide them with more room that was still naturally lit. Every time I was near them though they kept looking at me and I was projecting sadness onto them as if to say "why are you keeping us in this small natural pen?" So I dug them a small circuit that gives them room to run around and whatnot.

Don't play online unless the server belongs to someone you know, then. Otherwise you'll get kicked for making the world ugly with noob towers

That sounds like an awful place to play a creative video game.

Minecraft servers really aren't that bad. I don't know who Kirkles was playing with, but when I went server hunting soon after starting the game, I built some nice crappy places on some random server and people were even nice enough to point me to areas that still had some resources.

Most places don't care what you build or how ugly it is as long as it isn't just single towers going up in the sky. Those get people kicked.

I haven't played MC for quite a while because some mod conflict issues between Divine RPG and furniture mods were pissing me off to no end. Think I might start a new game tonight since I got mostly everything working right before I quit.

Okay so I was mining down (and believe me I mined a straight staircase down for like...60 blocks. I know this because that is how many stair blocks I used. Then I broke through into a cavern...but there was already railroads there. I thought I was playing single player, is there someone else on my map?! There was this block that looked like a burning cage with a spider inside it, I couldn't break the cage and then all these spiders appeared...I sealed one entrance off with dirt blocks but I think I need to go around and seal it from the other side too :(

EDIT: Also I found redstone there, inside this chest that had an iron/metal "belt" around it. EDIT: I just noticed that it's called a minecart. I found another! It had GOOOOOOLD!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So just to the left of the armour icons. you can just make out a small opening. I blocked across some lava, nothing to see there unless I dig. But back in the direction that the hilt of the sword I've equipped is pointing, it's...simply gorgeous. There are four waterfalls that end together, and they flow into like...lava. I was trying to set up a screenshot and a zombie twatted me into the lava (I'd just killed a zombie, but I couldn't see another one...until he hit me.)

Every time I go into that cavern I found I encounter at least 2-3 enemies and I always feel like I should cut and run with what i've looted thus far. Never do, always die. This time I managed to find my way to where I last died - all my stuff was gone (frown, including my lapis lazuli I had mined.) Actually managed to grab a bunch of iron ore and bolt for the staircase i'd mined. Got there, decided to chop up all the fences/rail that was there - pushing my luck. Never found an enemy there though and luckily none this time. Now I have Iron pickaxes! Yay! I have also found a natural cave that gained me a bunch more Iron ore, I now have 20 spare ingots with which to craft...and the cave system there is intense! I found enough coal to build nearly 150 torches (and now that I know what coal rock looks like, I'm leaking torches from every orifice) I found an island while exploring the ocean's surface before with sheep - so i'll need to find them and bring them home for extra wool to make beds, which will hopefully (in turn) allow me to create and connect outpost cabins/caves.