The FA Cup Thread 2010/2011

DFF

• Admin
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini says Carlos Tevez will not be involved in the FA Cup final on 14 May if he is not fit to face Tottenham next Tuesday.

Tevez has been out since tearing a hamstring in April and missed the Cup semi-final win over Manchester United.

"It's very difficult for him to play against Everton [in the Premier League on Saturday]," Mancini stated.

"If he doesn't play against Tottenham, it will be impossible for Carlos to play in the final."

The Italian's team take on Stoke at Wembley in their first FA Cup final appearance since 1981, when they lost 3-2 to Tottenham in a replay.

One Manchester City player who seems to be timing his return to fitness just right is Micah Richards, who could be on the bench at Goodison Park on Saturday as he continues his recovery from a hamstring injury.

"Micah is very close," said Mancini.

The City boss also spoke about Bayern Munich's interest in German defender Jerome Boateng, claiming he was not concerned by it and took it as a positive sign.

"I am happy Bayern have said this because it proves we signed a big player," said Mancini.

"Jerome has had many problems this year, including three or four injuries. But he will be staying here. He is a big part of our future."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think Man City are as nailed on as people are thinking to be honest. I could easily see Stoke winning because City aren't actually that good. Probably be a shit game too, like 0-0 and 1-0 City in extra time or something.

If City score early then there could be a few goals, but I think it might be in Stoke's interest to keep it scrappy and try nick a goal from a set-piece. I'm gonna make a very bold prediction and go Stoke 2-0, there's a bit of wishful thinking in that though!

I feel awful for agreeing with TRB :( All season those "hilarious" sketches have irritated me. Just show a picture of the bleeding product and get on with what people want to watch without getting some WKD dick wannabes to be laddish. Still, looking forward to the game later, just hate the waiting for it.

• Admin

Tevez starts for City; Etherington and Huth both start for Stoke.

Man City: Hart, Richards, Kolarov, Kompany, Lescott, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Silva, Balotelli, Tevez.

Stoke: Sorensen, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Pennant, Whelan, Delap, Etherington, Walters, Jones.