Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Tkz, the original EWB rimjob.

Oh come on, I so rarely have anything worth bragging about! :P

It is wonderful though, I think anyone that enjoyed Oblivion even a little will enjoy this. Tips that I've picked up so far... talk to EVERYONE, it seems like so many people have quests to give. Collect lots of Wolf Pelts and don't just make all of them into Leather Strips, keep some as Leather for upgrading weapons.

Best thing about it so far is the choice of style. I've never been one for magic before, but luckily I wasn't forced to pick WARRIOR only or some shit, instead I get to use it all. I started using Fire magic in one hand and a Mace in the other and it's been great, I can't imagine what I'd do without my magic now. Definitely going to level that up some and try and find a nice balance between melee combat and magic use. Looks like Magic comes in extra handy for Dragon fights too.

Dear tkz.

You have Skyrim, i don't.

I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!

but seriously, how is it like for someone who skipped Oblivion and has only played Morrowind.

Dear tkz.

You have Skyrim, i don't.

I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!

but seriously, how is it like for someone who skipped Oblivion and has only played Morrowind.

I never played Morrowind, so I've no idea what it's like.

Anyone know if it's safe to go online with trophies from before the release day? I've heard some scary things about it, but I can't see it being that big an issue, surely?

Ugh, one of Oblivions biggest problems is still in. I accidentally used an attack on a Guard and suddenly every person in the next three towns was out to kill me. I thought maybe if I entered a different area, the effect would end, but instead I entered the halls of the King and everyone including the King drew their swords. In the end, I ran away to the guild in town I'd joined and suddenly they started helping me out, so I'd sent an entire town into civil war by lightly tapping a guard. I then died and the game continued the same way until after dying twice, finally, a guard approached me and said I could pay off my bounty of 40 gold.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, I'm still under attack. I literally cannot continue the game.

Ugh, one of Oblivions biggest problems is still in. I accidentally used an attack on a Guard and suddenly every person in the next three towns was out to kill me. I thought maybe if I entered a different area, the effect would end, but instead I entered the halls of the King and everyone including the King drew their swords. In the end, I ran away to the guild in town I'd joined and suddenly they started helping me out, so I'd sent an entire town into civil war by lightly tapping a guard. I then died and the game continued the same way until after dying twice, finally, a guard approached me and said I could pay off my bounty of 40 gold.

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind, I'm still under attack. I literally cannot continue the game.

I think that you have to (somehow (hey, I don't have the game) get yourself arrested.

This is ridiculous. It's one guard that continues to attack me constantly. I keep respawning outside the hall he spawns at and he kills me in one hit. I sheath my weapons and he won't even let me surrender and pay a bounty, he just continues to attack me for no reason. This has completely broken my game.

I have no idea. I tried to kill the one guard, but he had a lot of HP and the second I attacked him back, all the other guards attacked me too. So I ran away outside and this time he didn't follow me. Went back inside, got attacked again, ran away again. Then I figured I'd enter one last time and this time, nothing happened. Very weird.

Not the first bug I've encountered, earlier I found a dead troll in a farm, no idea how it died, but it's club was hovering about 15 feet in the air above him. :P

I think that's enough for me, for today. What I've played I've really enjoyed, haven't had the chance to do anything outside of what we've already seen in the demo videos though. So far I've fought a giant spider, traveled through a very Indiana Jones style tomb to find some words on a wall and killed my first Dragon.

Little tip for when you guys start, invest in a few spells, because I wouldn't advise fighting it with a sword and shield or anything like that. (I'm actually using a Steel Mace that seems to be the most powerful one handed weapon) I mostly wailed on it with lightning and ice magic and then I think some random NPC took it down with a few arrows whilst I was refilling my Magicka.

And for gods sake, don't ever attack a guard. Never ever. >_>

Ah, that brings me back to Oblivion and finding a spot in town where Guard's couldn't attack me from, attacking one and using magic from the 'untouchable' spot to get his gear.

That's probably one of the reasons I never finished the game, playing it like that. :shifty:

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

I have no idea. I tried to kill the one guard, but he had a lot of HP and the second I attacked him back, all the other guards attacked me too. So I ran away outside and this time he didn't follow me. Went back inside, got attacked again, ran away again. Then I figured I'd enter one last time and this time, nothing happened. Very weird.

Not the first bug I've encountered, earlier I found a dead troll in a farm, no idea how it died, but it's club was hovering about 15 feet in the air above him. :P

I think that's enough for me, for today. What I've played I've really enjoyed, haven't had the chance to do anything outside of what we've already seen in the demo videos though. So far I've fought a giant spider, traveled through a very Indiana Jones style tomb to find some words on a wall and killed my first Dragon.

Little tip for when you guys start, invest in a few spells, because I wouldn't advise fighting it with a sword and shield or anything like that. (I'm actually using a Steel Mace that seems to be the most powerful one handed weapon) I mostly wailed on it with lightning and ice magic and then I think some random NPC took it down with a few arrows whilst I was refilling my Magicka.

And for gods sake, don't ever attack a guard. Never ever. >_>

Have you found any giant crabs yet?

TBH, there were always gonna be bugs in a game of this scale.

I should definately pick this game up when I can.

Actually haven't run into anything like that yet other than the giant spider. I apparently haven't even found any 'Creatures', only Humans and Animals, so I'm quite looking forward to fighting some of them. A lot of undead things and wolves too.