Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

How do I know what to keep? Whats a soul gem do? What about other gems like Garnet or Amethyst? And all these ingredients. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed with all this.

Soul Gems are used to create magical items (and I assume, refill the magic in them). Garnet and Amethyst? Not sure, possibly smithing jewellery. Ingredients? Find an alchemist lab and start combining them! You'll make potions!

Just getting started (worked all day yesterday, went out last night), Khajhit's look fucking awesome, so, yeah, Khajit assassin/rogue type character for me. Dual-weilding daggers, and some of the kills are awesome. Fought a wolf, it leapt at me, but I stabbed it with one knife to hold it, and then stabbed it in the neck a bunch of times! Sick.

Man, I'm not off work 'til Monday :(

You can follow the rebels? I just jumped out of the window and ended up with the Guard.

In the two hours I played earlier, I died 3 times. I suck. Going to stop heading out for side quests and focus on things nearby for now.

And those thieves with their spinning knife action that is impossible to block ... fuck them.

I had no clue I could leave with the rebel - I mean it did pop up "make it to this location with either ___ or ___" but I didn't even see the rebel. Damn.

Oh well, it works out for this playthrough.

Also - the illness is probably Rocklimb from the wolves. Just go to the shrine to cure it or buy a potion.

OK that was pretty fucking cool. Just took on a dragon at the top of an abandoned tower up in the mountains, at night with snow falling around. Basically was forced to use my ranged magic spells to attack him for most of the fight, then he landed and I finished him with my maces.

Felt like a boss battle, it was awesome.

Incidentally, that's my fourth dragon.

I just beat my third, which happened to be the first I had to alone. The first was the story based one early on, the second attacked the mages college, so they all joined in.

This one popped up on the way to a random cavern for a sidequest. I had to fight it on a hill, at night and in a snowstorm. I was lucky to have Lydia with me as she managed to keep it busy. Took me about ten attempts to get it right though with some perfect timing, with having very limited potions on my person at the time. Very satisfying when I took it down though.

As a whole, loving this game so far. Simply amazing.

Cleared 7 dungeons

Found 3 standing stones

Most gold on me was 4210

Finished 10 quests

27 misc objectives

5 main quests

Killed 94 people, 35 animals, 0 creature, 66 undead, 3 dragons

Lifetime bounty of 90, with my largest being 50.

Oh yeah, and I'm a Werewolf. And loving the ability to rip peoples heads off.

Have I mentioned I :wub: this game :D

• Like 1