Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Wonder what I'm doing wrong then. I've still only got like 4000.

Just take a look at what your picking up and have a look at the value vs. the weight. It's better to carry around lots of lots of 10 small things that weigh 10 all together but will sell for 300 than it is to carry around lots of stuff that weighs 20 each and will bring in 400.

Also loot everything. Leave no stone unturned! And if you've done the missions are your buddy buddy with the Jarl of Whiterun now, you can wander around his house and take lots of stuff if no one is looking. I've nabbed a few necklaces and bits for like 1000 total from his place alone, not counting the stack of Silver Ingots I found that I used to make awesome stuff to sell.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong then. I've still only got like 4000.

Just take a look at what your picking up and have a look at the value vs. the weight. It's better to carry around lots of lots of 10 small things that weigh 10 all together but will sell for 300 than it is to carry around lots of stuff that weighs 20 each and will bring in 400.

Also loot everything. Leave no stone unturned! And if you've done the missions are your buddy buddy with the Jarl of Whiterun now, you can wander around his house and take lots of stuff if no one is looking. I've nabbed a few necklaces and bits for like 1000 total from his place alone, not counting the stack of Silver Ingots I found that I used to make awesome stuff to sell.

Thanks! I own a house now :D On a related note I found an "unusual" gem at the jarl's place and it said to find an appraiser. How do you know who the appraiser is?

Decided to start over, figured that if I'm going to do Skyrim right, I need to play as a Nord. Having a lot of fun with two-handed weapons and heavy armor.

A lesson from my playthrough is to not ignore spells. Alteration, especially anything to improve Heavy Armor (Oakflesh) and Destruction, especially one of each major element, are going to make it a lot smoother. Plus for the fights were you do find you need magic you can get an easy level up with the spells and one-handed combination. You could probably get by later with weapon enchantments and Alteration spells, but early in the game I've been needing some Destruction magic to aid me in some tougher battles.

The only thing that really bugs me about this game sometimes is how hard it is just to find some places. I'm looking for the Greybeards... and I get to the first marker and suddenly it changes to some place on top of the mountain. Okay, I figure if I follow the path around, I'll get to where I want to go. Wrong. It leads me to a dead end... now I need to find a way up the mountain, which I can't. Eventually I find myself assaulted by Witches (as in actual witches, not mages, they were called witches and fired really powerful spells at me) and I die. It just kind of bugs me, I want to do the quest, but it's sometimes so hard to just find the route to where to go.

I couldn't find the path either. I ended up just jumping up and walking along the mountain until I reached them.

Quom, you level as you play. If you use a one handed sword, your one handed sword skill goes up. If you use magic, your magic skill goes up. You get rewarded for playing the game essentially, then your actual level goes up as you complete quests and kill enemies. For instance, I'm level 8 with 29 archery skill, which means even though my level isn't that high, if I'm using a bow, it's very effective. Plus there are perk trees for every skill. It's kind of tricky to explain, but easy to understand when you're using it.

In short: It's a great system, I can't see you fucking it up.

Bwah? Your level goes up when you level up a certain number of skills. I leveled up entirely off sneaking skill gains earlier.

So say I decide to start off as a sneaking thief magic person who fires arrows, if I realise I'm shit at sneaking and killing people at a distance I can then decide to pick up a big arsed bastard sword without being disadvantaged (beyond the perks I've got for the sneaking I've done, which may be helpful anyway)?

I thought it would be like Fallout or Final Fantasy where you have to choose skills and shit and then couldn't change your mind when you decide it isn't useful for you.

I have a house! And a chick that follows me around! But she won't sleep with me! :( I look like Chris Hero, dammit!

Running around with a big fucking Ancient Nord Sword of Cold. Works pretty well. If I didn't use heavy armor, I'd probably feel like Conan the Barbarian.

Already planning three play-throughs, this one as a Stormcloak, one as an Imperial, well, Imperial, and one as a swank Khajit explorer, alias Hammerfell Jones (duh duh duh-dun!)