Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Been busy at work the past 2 days so I haven't had the chance to pick this up but I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and spending a couple hours grinding for money to buy the 5000 Gold house in Whiterun. Unless other places have a cheaper house. I like to buy a house early in the game, it gives me a base of operations to spread out from.

So two questions.

1) Where is the cheapest house?

2) What's the quickest way to accumulate Gold?

Thanks all.

Ahem... :shifty:

I was actually going to answer this earlier before something came up. >_>

House: Whiterun, it's like 5000 which is either the cheapest or the same price everywhere. Just don't bother buying anything until you hit 5000 and you should find yourself with the money for it by the time you finish the quest that allows you to buy it.

Gold: Quests, really. Loot everything you see, always try and unlock every chest you come across. Take as much valuable stuff as you can with you and sell it back at Whiterun! (Unless it's stolen, in which case you'll get in trouble for selling it at a regular shop) Another good trick is to always pick up Silver and Iron Ingots so you can smith lots of stuff and then sell it. You'll find lots of shiny rocks around caves that can be combined with Iron or Silver to make jewelry worth upwards of a few hundred, for example. The best thing to do though is to join the Thieves Guild where you can then sell anything stolen. It's crazy easy to steal most of the time and you can even steal from the chests in the Thieves Guild and sell the stuff back to them!

I am surprised at the number of objects in some places that aren/t considered stealable - I'm talking about the number of places where it seems I can take half of a family's possessions and they don't give a shit about it. Even the first houses you get to in Riverwood have weird restrictions like you can take those boots behind the counter, but not this sword, etc.

I am surprised at the number of objects in some places that aren/t considered stealable - I'm talking about the number of places where it seems I can take half of a family's possessions and they don't give a shit about it. Even the first houses you get to in Riverwood have weird restrictions like you can take those boots behind the counter, but not this sword, etc.

I was surprised by this as well.

Apparently it has something to do with how much the owner of the house likes you + the value of the object you're stealing.

Considering how easy it is to steal anyway, I don't think it was necessary to add this feature - but hey, makes stuff easier to sell that's for sure.

Also - I love pissing people off by dropping shit all over the place, dragon shouting all up in their shit and carry around Daedric maces.

Where'd you find the Daedric Maces? I know there's something to do with Daedra in Skyrim, but I haven't found anything about it other than those guys that're all about killing anything evil. I also think I saw a summoned Daedra ghost thing too, but I killed the Mage controlling it before I had to deal with it.

I love the northern lights they have in this game. Going over the mountains to Solitude, I got some awesome green ones. Then last night going to High Hrothgar I got these red/orange ones that actually made nighttime brighter. Good to see they aren't just decoration.

I was actually going to answer this earlier before something came up. >_>

House: Whiterun, it's like 5000 which is either the cheapest or the same price everywhere. Just don't bother buying anything until you hit 5000 and you should find yourself with the money for it by the time you finish the quest that allows you to buy it.

Gold: Quests, really. Loot everything you see, always try and unlock every chest you come across. Take as much valuable stuff as you can with you and sell it back at Whiterun! (Unless it's stolen, in which case you'll get in trouble for selling it at a regular shop) Another good trick is to always pick up Silver and Iron Ingots so you can smith lots of stuff and then sell it. You'll find lots of shiny rocks around caves that can be combined with Iron or Silver to make jewelry worth upwards of a few hundred, for example. The best thing to do though is to join the Thieves Guild where you can then sell anything stolen. It's crazy easy to steal most of the time and you can even steal from the chests in the Thieves Guild and sell the stuff back to them!

Thanks. I did finish the quest but I'm only at around 2000 Gold. I was wondering if the weapon/armor making trick would work, I haven't made much thus far so I was unsure. Okay then, I'll get back to doing this all tonight. Was hoping there was a cave or quest that could yield 1000 or so right off the bat, but I should know better after Oblivion.

Found a Stormcloak camp near Solitude. I am supposed to be an Imperial so I took out my bow and snipered the shit out of the camp. Went down to rob then blind when everyone was dead, but stumbled into a tent with three sick Stormcloaks (one looked pregnant). They weren't attacking, but I took out my warhammer and ended their misery. Continued looting when I found another one in a tent, but he only attacked me when I went inside, and I couldn't kill him for some reason. I'd get him down to 1 health, he'd fall into the recovery position for a minute, then get back up at full health. I figured he is important to some future quest so I just stole his horse and left.

I'm an evil Imperialist bastard.

Maybe you should just get lost in the game instead of being all bussinesman from the beginning :)

There's not really anything wrong with wanting to get a House straight away, it makes going on quests and looting whatever you want a lot more fun when you don't have to spend twenty minutes deciding what to throw away and what not to.

• Like 1

I walked up to a shrine....stole some of the things (gold and a necklace). Apparently the hunter looking after the shrine didn't like that too much. So, I killed him in the face and dumped his body into the nearby river....which just so happens to be nearby a waterfall. I'll never be caught (H)

I walked up to a shrine....stole some of the things (gold and a necklace). Apparently the hunter looking after the shrine didn't like that too much. So, I killed him in the face and dumped his body into the nearby river....which just so happens to be nearby a waterfall. I'll never be caught (H)

You forgot the dog! The dog will tell! :o

Damn, this game sounds brilliant. Figures it's released when I don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

Question though, would I be better off getting it for XBox 360 or PS3? Is one version less prone to glitches or needing patches? On one hand I lean toward the 360 version simply because I am used to that control scheme from playing Oblivion, on the other hand I like PS3's online capabilities better.

stop-snitching-psa-1b.jpg