Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

So, I got a house, and a horse, and I've joined the Companions. I went out to kill a vampire for Farkas, on my way back I rescue a Stormcloak soldier (do what you can for the cause, you know?), when I see a ghost. Can't talk to the Headless Horseman, so I try to follow him, but get attacked by an assassin (why, I do not know, I haven't really chosen sides on anything), and lose the ghost.

Anyone know the story with The Headless Horseman?

if you follow him - I believe he takes you to a graveyard where you fight skeletons and shit.

I've been there, but didn't stay because I was doing the Companions mission with Farkas and had just missed where I was supposed to go.

Man, my Nord Conan the Heavy Armor Barbarian is a badass. I just walk in, start swinging, and motherfuckers die. I put three perks into uping my two-handed damage, and have gloves that add an extra 15, so...

The only thing I don't like is how quickly you level up. It's not as bad as Oblivion, since people don't level with you, but I'm already level 12, and I haven't even climbed the mountain yet. On a related note, fuck Ice Trolls.

Ugh, I ran into my first Ice Troll the other day. If you don't have some serious time put into Fire magic, those motherfuckers will destroy you. And the regen health too! I had to use most of my Magicka potions to keep up with his health regen. And then when I finally killed him, I got fuck all for it!

That's my only problem with Skyrim, I'd like some kind of worthy reward when I kill something worth killing.

Man, Dragon Priests are hard. I took on one at Volskygge, and he was a total beast. Was worth it though, his mask had feather and water breathing enchantments, it looks fantastic and has a better armour rating than any other helms I've found.

So now I rock this mask as my helm with a set of Elven armour. It's awesome.

Spoilered because I don't know if anyone else has run into this yet.

Been busy at work the past 2 days so I haven't had the chance to pick this up but I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and spending a couple hours grinding for money to buy the 5000 Gold house in Whiterun. Unless other places have a cheaper house. I like to buy a house early in the game, it gives me a base of operations to spread out from.

So two questions.

1) Where is the cheapest house?

2) What's the quickest way to accumulate Gold?

Thanks all.

Just had my first moment of revenge. I won't spoil the specific quest for those who haven't attempted it yet, but lets just say that is the last time someone tries to double cross me.

It felt good. Like I did in Fallout 3, I can't help but get totally involved with the characters so I always care about what happens.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

Is getting into the Dark Brotherhood the same as in Oblivion? Do you have to murder someone again?

In Windhelm, there will be a boy who's trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood. He'll think your a member and you can go carry out the kill. A courier will give you a message from the brotherhood and then when you sleep, you'll get abducted and initiated. It's pretty fun.