Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

What's everyones tactics against Dragons? I was using magic a lot which worked on the first one I ran into, but then the second one seemed to pop up out of nowhere whilst I was on a quest and it completed owned me, my magic did almost no damage! Is there any info on if certain dragons are immune to certain elements? I was using fire magic on this one, which worked on the last one...

So, just tried to sneak attack some random woman and it turns out she can't die - so now I have a 1000 bounty on my head in Falkreath (I killed a guard that aided her - then sprinted out of her house and out of town)

Won't be heading back there anytime soon.

Loving random dragon battles - even if the 3rd one took a few tries (spells didn't do much so I had to rush it with my mace - that and 15 or so healing potions later (plus some help from my Flame Atronach) and he went down - good stuff).

Yeah, TKz, each dragon seems weaker to different spells. My fire spells barely affected the last Dragon, but I froze him and his health went down real quick.

And yes, the Spiders freaking suck. I won't be sleeping again tonight :(

I'm considering trading in some games and getting this. Does the story matter? For some reason I really struggle with medieval and fantasy type stories. I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 and Fallout but couldn't get into Dragon Age or Oblivion they just feel much more dialogue heavy, but it may be that I care so little for the story it just feels that way. I loved the fuck out of Diablo and Baldur's Gate so I don't know that I'm totally opposed to these sorts of games, it's just some of them. If I can ignore the story then I enjoy it (I liked the story in Diablo though, I think it's when they start talking about magi and the history of elves and stuff I lose interest.

Or rather than running out and grabbing it do I force myself to play Oblivion for a few hours and if I find myself getting sucked in then it's a good purchase? I figure if I get a guide with it then I won't be so intimidated about it being all open world and overwhelmed when I need to level up (I'm always sure I'm sinking points into the wrong thing).

That's a good idea, now that I think about it EB does a 7 day return policy provided there is no online code that needs redeeming. I'll 'hire' it from them and see if I like it! It just means I'll be guide-less. I'll have to be a big boy and do without.

I don't play RPGs because I always manage to totally fuck up levelling up my characters and end up fucked by the time the difficulty ramps up. Fuck even with Pokemon I end up with all of the wrong moves because I don't know which I'm meant to keep.

The Two-Handed tank idea is going slowly out the window as I need to up some resistance to magic and, at the least, my Destruction magic. So I think I'm going to focus on Two-Handed still but find easy enemies to grind out magic skills on.

No dragons for me yet, but I'm about to progress along with the main story again so I think I'll be encountering them again.

Quom, you level as you play. If you use a one handed sword, your one handed sword skill goes up. If you use magic, your magic skill goes up. You get rewarded for playing the game essentially, then your actual level goes up as you complete quests and kill enemies. For instance, I'm level 8 with 29 archery skill, which means even though my level isn't that high, if I'm using a bow, it's very effective. Plus there are perk trees for every skill. It's kind of tricky to explain, but easy to understand when you're using it.

In short: It's a great system, I can't see you fucking it up.

• Like 1

I haven't exactly figured out how enemies strengthen as you move along in the game, probably because I'm only at level 7. But anybody at a higher level have an explanation?

I read reviews which say they don't.

Yeah, they don't scale.

I like that people keep giving me weapons to give to other people, or sending me on quests to find weapons, like they'll ever see them again.

Just retrieved the dragonstone in that cave thingy. Anyone know what spells i should learn first? Mainly destruction. Already got spark and frostbite.

Also, this game is so awesome.

Edited by deli2000

Quom, you level as you play. If you use a one handed sword, your one handed sword skill goes up. If you use magic, your magic skill goes up. You get rewarded for playing the game essentially, then your actual level goes up as you complete quests and kill enemies. For instance, I'm level 8 with 29 archery skill, which means even though my level isn't that high, if I'm using a bow, it's very effective. Plus there are perk trees for every skill. It's kind of tricky to explain, but easy to understand when you're using it.

In short: It's a great system, I can't see you fucking it up.

Bwah? Your level goes up when you level up a certain number of skills. I leveled up entirely off sneaking skill gains earlier.