Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

He just got killed by a dwarven sphere on our first outing, and I even gave him some badass dwarven armor and some other weapons. Now I'm deep in this Dwemer place and have to walk encumbered out of here with all my shit. I fucking hate you Marcurio you soft piece of shit. I even gave you potions god damnit!

I was playing earlier and we killed 2 dragons. You just didn't love him enough :(

:(

He got hit a couple of times, seemed to glitch out and get stuck on the floor. Then he got beaten to death. I'm actually in the middle of nowhere and trying to travel to the nearest city. This might take a while.

How do you leave your partner? I too married Mjoll but its a bleak loveless marriage. I leave her at home while I go adventuring, and I either sleep during the day or sleep at the dark brotherhood sanctuary or thieves guild

• Like 1

I was playing earlier and we killed 2 dragons. You just didn't love him enough :(

:(

He got hit a couple of times, seemed to glitch out and get stuck on the floor. Then he got beaten to death. I'm actually in the middle of nowhere and trying to travel to the nearest city. This might take a while.

Find a chest, barrel, something, and drop what you can possibly part with in there. Fast travel to the city, find a new partner, and then come back to that spot (set a marker on it of course). Hopefully your goods will all still be there when you come back..

Is money an issue for people? I always have more money than I need. Having said that I spend a lot of time throwing weapons on the ground based on the fact that I have found something that offers better value on a gold to weight basis. Speaking of which the skill where you knock out potions which I totally can't remember the name of offers the best value for money. Some of those are stupidly good value, I would buy the ingredients, knock up the potion, go back to the shop and sell them back for $150+ (when I was trying to level up).

Speaking of that, I found a recipe and it said to use a broom stick (I think it's to make a staff, I can't remember), is that done at the same table as potions? I can't find where I am meant to make it (since at that table I can't use a broom stick and at a forge I can't use a broomstick or the ingredients).

Money is too easy to acquire in the game. They should have added a caveat to it, like actually give it weight or something. Then you have a safe in your home or maybe banks throughout Skyrim to store the money. One of the things that got so boring for me so fast was that I never needed to worry about not having enough money. Obviously a thief character is going to be incredibly rich, but my Nord Warhammer badass also managed to acquire 100,000 gold.

I think in my next playthrough I'll try not to sell anything, and when I'm in a dungeon only pick up equipment if it's an upgrade or I can enchant it to an upgrade. As a spellcaster that should greatly increase the difficulty, don't you think?

Dammit...A glitch in the game is screwing me over. I cleared Valtheim Towers near the start of the game. Now, in the Companions quest-line, I have to...clear Valtheim Towers. Everyones dead, yet there it won't let me continue. The destination arrow just points to where the leaders dead body fell. Read a few things like wait 10 days outside the tower..wait 30 days...wait 32 days..nothing seems definate on how to fix it

I'm already well into the progress of waiting 30 days...VERY far form the towers. If this doesn't work I'll just restart from a save..the autosaves are already overwritten

Is money an issue for people? I always have more money than I need. Having said that I spend a lot of time throwing weapons on the ground based on the fact that I have found something that offers better value on a gold to weight basis. Speaking of which the skill where you knock out potions which I totally can't remember the name of offers the best value for money. Some of those are stupidly good value, I would buy the ingredients, knock up the potion, go back to the shop and sell them back for $150+ (when I was trying to level up).

Speaking of that, I found a recipe and it said to use a broom stick (I think it's to make a staff, I can't remember), is that done at the same table as potions? I can't find where I am meant to make it (since at that table I can't use a broom stick and at a forge I can't use a broomstick or the ingredients).

I don't find myself ever needing for it, but by the same token I don't find myself swimming in it either. On the rare occassion I've had plenty, I've found places to spend it so far. I still do wish it was a little bit harder, mostly so it'd encourage me to try the smithing and alchemy more in order to make better money.

Well that blows man. Hope you unglitch

Nah..just loaded a regular save. Didn't do anything too extreme, just cleared a cave and learned a new shout that I can always do again later

Looking at the classes so I can start a second save - the Argonians seem to be bitching. Is there some hidden problem with them that makes them inferior in some way that I'm unaware of?

Really there's no race that is extremely inferior to the rest. Some are more restrictive (Nord, Altmer, Orc), and some give you a lot of freedom to be balanced (Imperial, Redguard, Dunmer) but every race has its positives and is fun to play as if you choose the right skills to focus on.

Looking at the classes so I can start a second save - the Argonians seem to be bitching. Is there some hidden problem with them that makes them inferior in some way that I'm unaware of?

Yeah. They're ugly as sin <_< . Also people keep calling you lizard or something. In reality what race you choose doesn't seem to have more than small effects on the game. Stuff like being an orc means you don't have to do a quest to be allowed into orc strongholds like everyone else does, etc. Also racial powers make a small difference. Again some are more useful than others though.

As far as followers, I usually find one I like and stick with them, but I've read that what level you are when you first encounter said follower determines what level the follower is, but they all have a level cap of some sort although different characters have different level caps. That's what I read anyway.

My current magick using character got his first follower killed (I think I used fire storm when he was low on health :( ) but I used undead thrall on him to bring him back as a much less vocal follower. I can only imagine how the conversation when I recruited the next guy would go: "Would you like to come adventure with me? Oh that guy? He's my former follower. He's dead now. I still keep him around to help me and occasionally carry stuff. So are you in or what?". The undead thrall seems pretty useless though. He hangs back when I'm in fights and the only way to get him to carry stuff is to kill him, stuff his corpse, and resurrect him again. Kind of a pain but apparently the carrying that way is unlimited.

See on my {S3 save that would be perfect. I can pretty much one shot kill anything with my bow, I just need someone to carry my spoils and to sometimes be the target of a dragon instead of me.