Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

can never rmember if its spoiler or spoilers in the tag...dammit sorry

So wow..ran into what I think is my first random dragon encounter...I'll put in spoilers just in case..

So I finished the first mission for Delphine, and get the Diplomatic Immunity mission. I fast travel to the Brotherhoods abandoned shack sice its a short walk to SOlitude from there, and my companion Faendal takes out his bow. I'm thinkin its just some wolves or crabs, so I keep walking..BOOM! Frost dragon swoops down on me...fight it off and kill it and had a blast doing so!

But now I think I'm stuck on the Diplomatic Immunity quest...I didn't take any lockpicks with me, I get an Expert level door and I can't find a key to it..only have Interrigation Chamber keys, but no dungeon keys..

And where the hell did Lydia go? I sent her away to use Faendal for a little bit, she said she'd be at my Breezehome house, and now I can't find her at all..

Re: being stuck, can you leave the area and come back (I assume that you can)?

If so there's a standing stone which, when active, grants you one 'free' lock-pick a day. I used it to complete a side-quest which required you to pick a lock and my lockpicking is shit.

I forget what the stone is called, but it's in the north, in the icy wastelands, if you were to draw an imaginary line between the college of Winterhold and Dawnstar its pretty much bang in the middle.

I should know, I spent an eternity wandering around trying to find the bugger.

Though of course, if you CAN leave the area, you can leave the area and buy a lockpick >_>

What guy are you speaking of? The guy to begin the quest? He randomly walks up to you in town, and tells you to go somewhere and then it's marked on your map for you. At least that's what happened to me. I had no problems finding the dawnguard fort, doing the first mission and then choosing to take on the transformation.

A word of advice though, if you want to change the way your character looks, do so (in Thieves Guild) BEFORE you become a vampire if that's your path. She will not change your appearance afterwards.

Also, I was wondering, I noticed Arrows are craftable while smithing now. I was wondering if that's from the patch, or from the DLC. Anyone know? Just curious I guess.

What guy are you speaking of? The guy to begin the quest? He randomly walks up to you in town, and tells you to go somewhere and then it's marked on your map for you. At least that's what happened to me. I had no problems finding the dawnguard fort, doing the first mission and then choosing to take on the transformation.

A word of advice though, if you want to change the way your character looks, do so (in Thieves Guild) BEFORE you become a vampire if that's your path. She will not change your appearance afterwards.

Also, I was wondering, I noticed Arrows are craftable while smithing now. I was wondering if that's from the patch, or from the DLC. Anyone know? Just curious I guess.

How did you find the first mission? I mean I see where it is on the map but I cant tell how to get to it. I get really close and then cant move anymore. Do I need to climb the mountain? Where the hell do you go to do that?

How did you find the first mission? I mean I see where it is on the map but I cant tell how to get to it. I get really close and then cant move anymore. Do I need to climb the mountain? Where the hell do you go to do that?

I don't recall exactly. I fast travelled to the nearest area I had and then walked from there. It's through like a cave (which is where the quest marker should take you I believe). You may have to travel around the mountain... which is always a pain in Skyrim of course, but it shouldn't be too terribly hard to find.

I don't recall exactly. I fast travelled to the nearest area I had and then walked from there. It's through like a cave (which is where the quest marker should take you I believe). You may have to travel around the mountain... which is always a pain in Skyrim of course, but it shouldn't be too terribly hard to find.

We may not be talking about the same thing. I went through a cave and found the Dawnguard guys and they sent me to deal with some possible Vampires. That place is through a cave too?

That place IS a cave. Although it's much bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. yeah, that place is actually a little ways up the mountain if I recall and was a little bit of a pain to get to...I had to walk around the base of the mountain until I found a path up if I recall correctly.

I can check again when I get home from work, but pretty sure there was a path up the mountain, but I had to walk (in my case to the left) until i found it.

Usually GOTY editions, though if you're a PC user (and you should be, I would hope that I'm not amongst a horde of unwashed console commoners) the Steam Summer Sale is coming up and the default game might be going on sale.