Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

The basic needs mod is incredible. I, the Archmage of the College of Winterhold, got blitzed on spiced wine at 5 AM, stumbled around Solitude (including lots of tripping and just straight up falling down) and shot at hawks with Firebolt.

People bitching about the exploits? Fuck off. Let people play how they wanna play.

So, I am guilty, I have to admit. I wanted a magic character who had 100 enchanting before really even starting to work on my magic, so I got 100 speech (through grinding an exploit), put points into speech to where I could invest into a shop, and invested in the one in Riverwood that's glitched so that if you give him 500 gold, instead of having an extra 1000 when you go to sell he has 10,000 gold. Then I worked my way up to level 22, found a "banish" enchant item in a shop (which took about 2 hours), disenchanted it, created about 400 iron daggers and enchanted them all at the mages college (Took multiple trips, but done with nothing else in my inventory) with Banish and sold them to the shopkeeper in Riverwood. The gold value of that enchantment pays for materials and filled soul gems, of which you can buy in a fair amount in the hall of countenance if you go at night when 3-4 of the shopkeepers are there sleeping. Took me something like 6 hours in total, but I managed to get to 100 enchanting and THEN I started to work on my magic skills. Yeah, its cheap, and I admit it. Especially since the first thing I did was create multiple outfits for spells so I never have to use any magicka again. But I also have like 6 other characters that I played fair or mostly fair on :P

Although running around with 100k+ gold on me is kind of nice, I will say. Pretty much the only character I've abused the crap out of glitches with.

I just used the command console. Took six seconds. D:

The basic needs mod is incredible. I, the Archmage of the College of Winterhold, got blitzed on spiced wine at 5 AM, stumbled around Solitude (including lots of tripping and just straight up falling down) and shot at hawks with Firebolt.

I just became Archmage in my game myself. My first official act was HOLY FUCK AN ANCIENT DRAGON I DO NOT HAVE THE COMBAT SKILLS FOR THIS FUCK FUCK FUCK. I basically got killed about six times before I figured out to use the entrance gate as a cover to make sure the damn thing fought the fight I wanted, which was a melee fight because one fire blast from it and I would be dead, and barely scraped through with potions.

To be fair, that dude doesn't seem to give much a shit about anything except dragons.

I wanted to kill the court mage in Solitude for treating me like a common mercenary though.

SPEAKING OF Solitude, there's a fucking awesome Daedric mission there. Really easy and fairly short, but entertaining as hell, and with an awesome reward.

My guild quintella is being continued by going to the Bard's College. Not sure if I'll go back to the Companions next or hit the who guilds much more suited to my character.

On a related note, mechanics question:

I know that being a werewolf cures/prevents vampirism, but if I become a werewolf THEN be cured of it, can I then contract vampirism?

I know that being a werewolf cures/prevents vampirism, but if I become a werewolf THEN be cured of it, can I then contract vampirism?

Yes. Once being a werewolf is cured, you're capable of catching any disease including the vampire one that I forget the name of. I've done it

To be fair, that dude doesn't seem to give much a shit about anything except dragons.

I wanted to kill the court mage in Solitude for treating me like a common mercenary though.

SPEAKING OF Solitude, there's a fucking awesome Daedric mission there. Really easy and fairly short, but entertaining as hell, and with an awesome reward.

My guild quintella is being continued by going to the Bard's College. Not sure if I'll go back to the Companions next or hit the who guilds much more suited to my character.

The Daedric quest in Solitude is one of my favorite quests in the game. In fact Daedric quests as a whole are the best in the game, though some of the Dark Brotherhood was a lot of fun too it didn't have the same gratification and variety as the Daedric quests.

What sucks is not getting the trophy because I accidentally destroyed the Skull of Corruption, so an entirely new playthrough is required to get that. For new players, I won't go into details but in the quest by Dawnstar where the Skull of Corruption is involved do not let it get destroyed. Stop it from happening at any costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this again the last few days with the intention of doing a couple of odds and ends with my first character and then finally starting a new game with a totally different character. Five or six hours later and I've been completely drawn in to new quests that I've unlocked and doing little tasks and I'm nowhere near ready for a new character now; I've forgotten how absorbing the game can be.

On a side note, I just completed the quest which solves the murders in Windhelm ('Blood on the Ice) and the quest finale took place in the streets of Windhelm in a swirling blizard. Looked and felt completely epic.

More than pumped for Dawnguard. Not sure if my current character would be on one side or the other; being a werewolf what can I have against vanpires? On the other hand the lore of Dawnguard might include a werewolf/vampire feud. Of course, I could be on neither side.

I'll no doubt create characters to experience both sides of the Dawnguard/Vampire war.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw it for £20 and finally caved. Not really enjoying it thus far. The start was good, but as soon as I hit the first village it became boring "go see X person, do X quest to find y person who will help you only if you do y quest for z person and SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME FIGHT SOME GOD DAMNED FUCKING DRAGONS YOU CUNTS".

I actually kinda like going round talking to everyone, stocking up their missions in my journal >_>. Only just reached level 20 and finally visited Riften, thieves guild seems like it could be quite a bit of fun.