Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Water seems to be the culprit. Are you meant to do something if you come across a game breaking bug? It seems since the update if my guy submerges in water the game shits itself and locks up. I am right wading in puddles. I am going to delete the update (if I can work out how), but am I meant to let them know about this or something? Should I email Skummy's work and complain?

Oddly, I've been underwater since the last update (Dove into the big tiered fountain in Dragonreach and found a few gold coins :w00t:) and have had no issues whatsoever.

Righto, I'm contemplating getting this soon since I'll definitely be enticed by a lower price version. Few questions first... Never really played a big scale RPG before (started Fallout 3, havent done much with it) and have no experience to the Elder Scrolls canon, am I gonna be okay?

And tell me awesome thing that I can expect to occur to tempt me into buying this game >_>.

Righto, I'm contemplating getting this soon since I'll definitely be enticed by a lower price version. Few questions first... Never really played a big scale RPG before (started Fallout 3, havent done much with it) and have no experience to the Elder Scrolls canon, am I gonna be okay?

And tell me awesome thing that I can expect to occur to tempt me into buying this game >_>.

You'll be fine.

Really awesome thing... hm.

Well, five minutes in, you get this awesome shot of a dragon flying right at you.

You will be fine, I have little doubt that there are lots of nods to people who know the canon, but it's a nod and a wink rather than any expectation of the player knowing about them. So I'm sure if you had played previous games you would appreciate them, but as a player who had never played (well I played like 30 minutes of Oblivion and got bored) it's just not there. I don't need to know that the book I found is actually a story of the previous game or whatever. It's that sort of stuff rather than someone being all 'remember in the last game when you did that and we met and you became my friend, that was good times PS we're married' or anything like that.

I like it because of the way you level up. The issue I have with skill trees in RPGs is that quite often I want to be something but play nothing like it. I always really want to be a ranged archer thing. Yet I always end up running in with a sword because I either find I'm too inaccurate or I just can't inflict enough damage at range. In this game you can slowly level up your arching skills by killing the easier creatures at range, whilst also boosting your one handed skills and sneak and whatever. Plus because it levels up skills as you use them, you actually have the ability to see what you do the most of and spend points accordingly. This is the first game I've played where I have actually managed to become what I wanted to become, a sneaking elf with a deadly bow.

I don't know how to sell this game. For me it's weird, I got up to level 50 without doing one of the first parts of the main quest. It's weird as even in open world games like GTA I don't have the imagination needed to enjoy just going off and doing random stuff. Yet in this game I found it rewarding to just wander about picking flowers, killing wild animals, saving people from bandits and whatever just felt really fun and exciting. It was like RDR but it never got old. I'd randomly wander into a town, get some missions and go and do them.

So umm yeah, some people seem not to have liked it that much. It's probably my second favourite game of this generation.

I have to agree with Quom says. You can pretty much make any build you damn well please. You can be a thief who wears heavy armor and sneak attacks with a warhammer and still be effective if you put your skills in the right places.

The main quest is really the least interesting thing in the entire game, but that's more of a testament to how awesome the rest of the game is.

Well cheers Quom, you sold it to me (as did the £30 price tag, despite it advertised as £40) as I just picked this up from Tesco. There isn't much quite like the feeling of a new game that has the potential to steal my life for a while.

So I've just started out, killed a few guys, a few wolves and a deer. Motherfucker wouldn't stay still and I used about 10 arrows trying to take it down :(. The game is alright so far, lots to do and lots to see, fighting is a bit clunky but I'll get over it. Any tips on what I should level up early on? I'm currently only doing sneaking and archery really, although some close combat has factored in to my game play.

Is magic vital?

Just got to Bleak Falls and I've got that golden claw from him after killing a god damn spider. I hate spiders in games, bastards.

So right, I'm at the door, and the tip is that the answer is in the "palm of my hand". But I don't get which animals I should turn to on the door? Have I missed something? Randomly turning them seems like a cop-out and I can't be bothered.

Yeah Jouzy, open the claw up in your inventory and you'll see a button saying 'Examine'. Do that, spin the claw around, and you'll see the animals on the palm.

I got it quick, cause it was in one of the demo videos XD

Yeah Jouzy, open the claw up in your inventory and you'll see a button saying 'Examine'. Do that, spin the claw around, and you'll see the animals on the palm.

I got it quick, cause it was in one of the demo videos XD

This actually doesn't happen in the PC version. You just have to know to move your cursor over there and move it around. I thought they were all static images.