Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

So I hope to try out the patch tonight but what I'm reading leaves me slightly disappointed. Most people say the lag issue has been remedied, but broken quests and such remain a glaring problem. I'm hoping when I pick it back up it will suck me right back in because the lag problem has taken over a month to fix and I've barely touched it.

Also, any rumors on DLC and expansions yet?

The developers recently released a list of things their consiering including in the DLC packs. They didn't say what the quests or the theme of the DLC packs might be; it was more a list of add-ins they were considering such as being able to adopt children, and new kinds of monsters to kill. I'll try and find it.

I've had nor problems with the patch, but touch-wood, I haven't had any technical problems with the game anyway.

EDIT: Here the list is. Apparently these are things mentioned by Bethesda Creative Director Todd Howard as ideas they were playing around with to include with the DLC:

Today at DICE 2012, Todd Howard, creative director as Bethesda announced a couple of ideas they're been playing around with (or as he called them "experiments"). The list of stuff mentioned includes:

Spears

Kill cams for magic

Water arrows

Giant mud crabs

Paralysis runes

Seasonal foliage

Speedy water currents

Dark dungeons

Adoption of children

Advanced home building

Epic new mounts

Fast travel portals

Kinect dragon shouts

Enhanced water visuals

Ice and fire arrows

Lycanthrope perk tree

Vampire imp minions

Goblins

Personally, a Lycanthrope perk tree could be very useful, and a few other things such as adopting children and the advanced home building add a nice touch of personalisation to the game but there isn't much there that sounds particularly 'killer.' Of course, we don't know what the storyline or quests for the DLC packs are and their the main focus.

If I had to pinpoint the exact moment I realised I was playing through the developer's own personal interpretation of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country; it'd be the moment when I was framed for murder, for political reasons, and thrown into a prison mine.

Glorious.

Anyway, it never ceases to amaze my just how many stories I keep getting invested in. I've been starting a new character for a while now, but I keep wanting to finish one particular quest or visit a certain place with my first character, and I just keep getting drawn in to more and more.

Keep contemplating buying this, but I really can't get into Oblivion because it takes forever to get from A to B. Less random roaming in this one?

Yeah, you can unlock fast travel by going somewhere first as was said, but there's also a wagon transport between the towns. Using that and lots of fast travel should cut down your roam times considerably. Roaming is amazing, though, and I think if you pick the game up you'll do a lot of it.

Oblivion was just garbage.

• Like 1