Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

WHY DO SOME OF THE DRAGONS HAVE PROPER NAMES NOW?! That can't be good.

So I can take the cracked skull of Odahviing and throw it at Alduin before cracking his head open.

Seriously, no game has made me feel more akin to a badass than this one. Taking down a Giant and his Mammoth as a Conjurer, mundane as it may be to some, made my freaking month. I barely overcame the urge to stand up from my chair and strut.

Regarding the dragons, though, not all of them are ready to rip your bits from their hinges. Without spoiling anything, you'll definitely run into a helpful one if you stick with the Greybeards. Though, don't take any housercarls/companions with you when you go to see them, as they'll Leeroy Jenkins' it and wind up getting chewed up like jerky.

If you have the magicka for it, I would say Steadfast Ward is incredibly useful for fighting dragons. It does burn magicka like no tomorrow though.

My key to anti-dragon (and anti-giant... anti-anything-that-might-actually-be-a-threat for that matter) combat is the Slow Time shout. You can use it in conjunction with swordplay or spell-slinging, and can use it with bows without needing to use stamina for the slowdown with the bow skillset.

Once you have legendary Daedric armor with Heavy Armor Skill enchantments you're a fucking tank. I can take down almost anything with a shield bash -> sword combination (not necessarily in just two hits mind) and can just slowly walk to archers Terminator style while keeping arrows at bay with shields.

Anyone switch from one-handed to two-handed or vice versa when they max out the one stat? Literally nothing is a challenge with my Warhammer, Giants fall pretty quickly, and I'd like an added challenge. So has this been tried by anyone else to add difficulty on the last few levels before 50? Not to mention making it much quicker to reach level 50.

Though, don't take any housercarls/companions with you when you go to see them, as they'll Leeroy Jenkins' it and wind up getting chewed up like jerky.

Wait. What? I took mine and nothing happened to her.

WHY DO SOME OF THE DRAGONS HAVE PROPER NAMES NOW?! That can't be good.

So I can take the cracked skull of Odahviing and throw it at Alduin before cracking his head open.

Seriously, no game has made me feel more akin to a badass than this one. Taking down a Giant and his Mammoth as a Conjurer, mundane as it may be to some, made my freaking month. I barely overcame the urge to stand up from my chair and strut.

Regarding the dragons, though, not all of them are ready to rip your bits from their hinges. Without spoiling anything, you'll definitely run into a helpful one if you stick with the Greybeards. Though, don't take any housercarls/companions with you when you go to see them, as they'll Leeroy Jenkins' it and wind up getting chewed up like jerky.

I had the same badass feeling when I turned on Astrid in the abandoned shack and then killed the entire Dark Brotherhood. So many great moments! I waited too long to do the main quest. By the time I fought Alduin he might as well have been a random Bandit.

If you have the magicka for it, I would say Steadfast Ward is incredibly useful for fighting dragons. It does burn magicka like no tomorrow though.

My key to anti-dragon (and anti-giant... anti-anything-that-might-actually-be-a-threat for that matter) combat is the Slow Time shout. You can use it in conjunction with swordplay or spell-slinging, and can use it with bows without needing to use stamina for the slowdown with the bow skillset.

Once you have legendary Daedric armor with Heavy Armor Skill enchantments you're a fucking tank. I can take down almost anything with a shield bash -> sword combination (not necessarily in just two hits mind) and can just slowly walk to archers Terminator style while keeping arrows at bay with shields.

Both very true statements. I was just pleasantly surprised when I found out that Steadfast Ward shields you against dragon breath attacks. As long you're facing them. Of course, hiding behind a rock or a wall or something works too, and once you build a little fire/frost resistance/health it doesn't matter too much, but it's very useful to have a way to not take high damage every time a dragon decides to throw some elemental breath your way.

I found some kind of wooden mask a few days ago. Equipped it to my character... and had some sort of acid trip back in time.

There's an unofficial quest about that. I'm not going to spoil too much, but there are more masks than just that one.

LL:

In an opened up tomb type place next to the Labyrinthian entrance. Theres loads of little guardhouse type places and in the middle its like a ruined stone building thing. The mask is in there next to a bunch of empty urns and chests and a dead guy. The mask is on the ground next to him if i'm not mistaken.

It is named specifically wooden mask guys, and it looks like the dragon priest masks.

LL:

In an opened up tomb type place next to the Labyrinthian entrance. Theres loads of little guardhouse type places and in the middle its like a ruined stone building thing. The mask is in there next to a bunch of empty urns and chests and a dead guy. The mask is on the ground next to him if i'm not mistaken.

It is named specifically wooden mask guys, and it looks like the dragon priest masks.

Alright, time to talk Masks:

445687670_tp.jpg

There are eight priests who will drop similar masks. Kill 'em all, loot their masks, and place them in a shrine in the Bromjuunar Sanctuary. Then you'll get a mask that is damn good for companions and anyone who has the Avoid Death perk.

There are eight priests who will drop similar masks. Kill 'em all, loot their masks, and place them in a shrine in the Bromjuunar Sanctuary. Then you'll get a mask that is damn good for companions and anyone who has the Avoid Death perk.

I sold the masks that I didn't have any use for

:(

Yeah, I've pretty much used magic for 90% of the game so far, but I'll be damned if none of that works on these little dudes. I wish I could remember the species so I could actually tell you guys and maybe get some help. I had to kill a giant poison spider for this Arch-Mage guy in a dig site, if that helps at all.