Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Just visited the Greybeards. The windsprint shout is a lifesaver. Cuts down on travels while overencumbered SO MUCH.

That's what Strength potions + Fast Travel are for.

I'm only using Fast Travel strictly for selling all my stuff before going back to the overworld, IE if I enter Whiterun and run out of vendors I go to Windhelm to sell more then teleport back to Whiterun.

And Strength Potions... only help so much. Especially when you have over a hundred pounds more than you can carry on you.

You should just for that one shout, and they give you the dragon soul for it for free to boot.

Try not to use it when in or near a town, though. Guards get pissy about it.

Granted it's effectively doing sonic booms, but I'm the goddamn Thane, respect my authoritah.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

You should just for that one shout, and they give you the dragon soul for it for free to boot.

Granted it's effectively doing sonic booms, but I'm the goddamn Thane, respect my authoritah.

INCORRECT!

Boom all you want in each town, at least a few times each one. Theres a courier tied to each town that gives you a note saying "go here for more shouts!"

If you want to travel faster for a little bit I cast bound sword then charge run. He runs forward a few steps while swinging, and it is a LITTLE faster too. Plus if you can heal and have the perk that gives stamina too, youll never run out of stamina so keep charging.

I just went to complete the quest up in Dawnstar. Everyone's been having bad dreams so me and a priest of Mara go to sort it out. It's nice because I'm pretty certain that in-game I'm now a Mara botherer too.

Anyway the quest goes through to the end and he goes up to cast the spell on the skull...

Then a beautiful lady voice rings out in my guy's head that I should kill the priest because he's going to take the skull for himself. Briefly I think "Woah, is that Mara warning me? Perhaps I should kill him but I'll wait to see what happens..."

Then the lady voice continues "Vaermina demands it" then I realise it's the Daedric Lord who has been causing all the nightmares and I'm suddenly very happy that I waited to see what would happen.

Thing is, it was 3.30am and my house was dark and cold and it freaked me out. :crying:

INCORRECT!

Boom all you want in each town, at least a few times each one. Theres a courier tied to each town that gives you a note saying "go here for more shouts!"

If you want to travel faster for a little bit I cast bound sword then charge run. He runs forward a few steps while swinging, and it is a LITTLE faster too. Plus if you can heal and have the perk that gives stamina too, youll never run out of stamina so keep charging.

So they won't arrest you then? Brilliant!

Also, found a minor bug in the Stormcloak questline where Ulfric suddenly decided to attack me. I managed to fix it by reloading, saving, and waiting for about six hours before going back into his castle.

Frost Dragons are nothing. Giants on the other hand...

My save is seemingly bugged to hell. I completed one of the later Stormcloak missions and suddenly found that I couldn't fast-travel. Wherever I went on the map it said 'you cannot fast travel with enemies nearby.' Very irritating, but I had plenty of saves so I reverted until I found one where the problem was solved. Then I tried running through the questline again, only to encounter the same problem. I decided to just leave those missions until I start another character, no big deal. I went back to an even further back save (about 10 hours and 3 levels earlier) and started doing the Dark Brotherhood quests. Completed the first one, then started getting the same message again :angry:

I could probably go even further back to find a save I can continue with, but I hate feeling like I'm spending hours doing something I've done before. Just gonna start a new character and skip all the quests I've done already.

Why didn't you just go to the next town on foot?

I've done that. I've walked for absolutely ages, gone into dungeons and back out again, used the carriage - everything I can think of. If it's a problem which seemingly crosses save game files then I assume it's pretty permanent.

EDIT: I've also tried continuining on and completing more of the Stormcloak missions to see if that's the problem, but after an hour of play which involved loads of pointless walking I gave up.

Edited by -A-

So Im doing some missions for the mages in the college at Winterhold.

Some guy wants something off another guy, so I have to go find some staff for the second guy, so he will give the first guy what he wants. The game tells me the staff is at Ansilvund, a cave I've been in like three times already on other quests. So ok fine i go there and I'm racing through cos I really dont need loot and the skeletons are way beneath my awesome might so I just blitz through to the final chamber. I slaughter the necro guy in here and theres a quest arrow pointing to a spot on the floor. A bare, empty spot containing no staff. No chest, or urn or dead guy holding a staff, nothing. Rage.

Anyone know a way round this, or if it is totally fucked? The amount of glitches is really pissing me off now.

So Im doing some missions for the mages in the college at Winterhold.

Some guy wants something off another guy, so I have to go find some staff for the second guy, so he will give the first guy what he wants. The game tells me the staff is at Ansilvund, a cave I've been in like three times already on other quests. So ok fine i go there and I'm racing through cos I really dont need loot and the skeletons are way beneath my awesome might so I just blitz through to the final chamber. I slaughter the necro guy in here and theres a quest arrow pointing to a spot on the floor. A bare, empty spot containing no staff. No chest, or urn or dead guy holding a staff, nothing. Rage.

Anyone know a way round this, or if it is totally fucked? The amount of glitches is really pissing me off now.

The staff should be in a chest. In my game there was another staff leaning against that chest. Quest arrow is probably wrong. Hope it helps, though the quest could be glitched I suppose.