Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Ahhhh my bowmanship is wonderful. Sneaking around, sending enemies flying backwards as the arrows hit them. Pretty much guaranteed one shot kills now on anything relatively standard as long as I haven't been seen. Archery and sneak work really well together actually as you can power up the bow AND stealth kills so stealthy bow is epic.

A few more levels and I'll get the faster reload and hopefully I'll be able to fire off a couple of arrows almost at the same time with the slow time shout in effect. House of Flying Daggers style.

I posted it about 4 days ago in here :shifty:

Really am enjoying this game, the thing I love about games like Skyrim is the fact that I have hardly done any of the main quest yet instead just doing missions for the thieves guild, side quests etc. Real freedom to it.

That and randomly chasing goats and rabbits up mountains for ages trying to get them wastes alot of time that could be done trying to do a Law degree.

• Like 1

I posted it about 4 days ago in here :shifty:

Really am enjoying this game, the thing I love about games like Skyrim is the fact that I have hardly done any of the main quest yet instead just doing missions for the thieves guild, side quests etc. Real freedom to it.

That and randomly chasing goats and rabbits up mountains for ages trying to get them wastes alot of time that could be done trying to do a Law degree.

[Funkasaurus]Muh bad![/Funkasaurus]

Ah, law school...the obstacle to Skyrim. I'm sure that really should be the other way around, but I don't care.

I'm enjoying the game a lot and because of law school and my delay in getting the game (I got it right before exams started), I think that the PS3 lag issue may be solved in a patch before I have to worry about it happening to me.

I, too, enjoy the immense freedom to do whatever you wish. And also love how I'll be on my way to do something and then wind up doing something entirely different because of all of the stuff there is to do in the game.

I just hope that when I do decide to stop dicking around and go back to the main storyline quests that I won't be so leveled up that I just mess anyone or anything up that tries to come after me.

Case in point, I tried to do the whole Greybeard thing pretty early on instead of sidequesting, so I was traveling in that direction and got attacked by a bear. At that point in the game, low health and shitty armor meant that I either had to run or face pretty quick death.

Now? I can fight two bears off without having to worry too terribly much about my health.

That said, I still don't fuck with dragons. Or if I do, I hope that I'm close enough to a giant camp to make the dragon fight the giant/mammoths.

Just realised I fucked up. Was looking around for other stuff to do when I realised there was some serial killer running around Windhelm. I went there to see if I could trigger the quest some how, looked online to speed things up, only to find out that the event you need to trigger the quest has probably already happened without me realising. I looked for a work around, but no, apparently it is completely impossible to get that quest now. I also found out that because I haven't done the quest it is now impossible to buy the house. No longer can I hope to own all the houses :(

Also, some lass called Anska is stalking me. She isn't following me or helping me fight, she just pops up behind me whenever I fast travel some place, then immediately walks off.

After you choose Stormcloaks or Imperials you'll be able to buy it.

Just realised I fucked up. Was looking around for other stuff to do when I realised there was some serial killer running around Windhelm. I went there to see if I could trigger the quest some how, looked online to speed things up, only to find out that the event you need to trigger the quest has probably already happened without me realising. I looked for a work around, but no, apparently it is completely impossible to get that quest now. I also found out that because I haven't done the quest it is now impossible to buy the house. No longer can I hope to own all the houses :(

Also, some lass called Anska is stalking me. She isn't following me or helping me fight, she just pops up behind me whenever I fast travel some place, then immediately walks off.

I finished that quest ages ago, before I even became a Thane is Windhelm, but I always get the same dialogue about how the house isn't ready.

However, the NPC pizzamonkey mentioned is still walking around, so I can only assume the event hasn't triggered. The amount of times I've been in Windhelm though, I don't see how that is possible unless my game has decided to ignore that quest forever.

Is it just me or do you guys sometimes have trouble shouting in combat? Like, I'm pressing R2 and just nothings happening at all. Sometimes it'll shout a few seconds later but usually not. Fucking game.

Bah then. It happens a lot with my weapons, like if I'm sneaking up to someone I try to get a stealth bonus attack but it just doesn't swing the weapon and the person walks into me, detecting me and ruining my sneaking. I figured that was something to do with being crouched over and trying to swing a heavy weapon or some bullshit but theres no reason why shouting should randomly not work. Bah again.

Not only that but it locks up my magic and tells me I cant use it whilst shouting, rather irritating. I didn't realise there are different types of dragons and when a Blood Dragon attacked me I went at him and did like zero damage, thus decided to run where an Ice Wraith chased after me, seem to have lots of them when dragons are about at the moment, do they summon them or something?

Also 35 hours in and I've done like barely anything, done everything in Whiterun and now doing the Civil War quests but the other towns are largely untouched minus the huge amount of side quests I managed to get in Riften and Solitude.

I finished that quest ages ago, before I even became a Thane is Windhelm, but I always get the same dialogue about how the house isn't ready.

However, the NPC pizzamonkey mentioned is still walking around, so I can only assume the event hasn't triggered. The amount of times I've been in Windhelm though, I don't see how that is possible unless my game has decided to ignore that quest forever.

There's more to it. I picked Stormcloaks and finished a few quests, then was able to buy the house.