Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

I love the random encounters in this game.

For example, a wandering adventurer being chased by a rabbit.

I shit you not.

• Like 4

Just realised I fucked up. Was looking around for other stuff to do when I realised there was some serial killer running around Windhelm. I went there to see if I could trigger the quest some how, looked online to speed things up, only to find out that the event you need to trigger the quest has probably already happened without me realising. I looked for a work around, but no, apparently it is completely impossible to get that quest now. I also found out that because I haven't done the quest it is now impossible to buy the house. No longer can I hope to own all the houses :(

Also, some lass called Anska is stalking me. She isn't following me or helping me fight, she just pops up behind me whenever I fast travel some place, then immediately walks off.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

I love the random encounters in this game.

For example, a wandering adventurer being chased by a rabbit.

I shit you not.

I've seen the movie. That's why I saw the encounter and ROFLd and later posted about it.

It's a sad day when ruffians can go around saying "Ni" to old women at will...

Really? You can mess up the serial killer quest? I was going to knock off the quests in Windhelm last (currently working on Markarth), but if it's already come and gone that really sucks.

You should be fine. You have to be in Windhelm for it to trigger. If you ignored the trigger you probably can't do it though.

Minor spoilers for start of quest.

Some lady named Suzanna the Wicked gets killed, she usually hangs out at the inn doing nothing of consequence until then. If she's still there, you're probably ok.

Edited by pizzamonkey

Does anyone know if the save size thing where it bugs up games works for 2 different profiles? I mean I played my whole 120 hour game and had like 2 problems the whole time. Now Christopher is playing and his game freezes and glitches like constantly. Would it help if we deleted my big save? I dont really want to but I want him to have fun playing a great game.

Also, some lass called Anska is stalking me. She isn't following me or helping me fight, she just pops up behind me whenever I fast travel some place, then immediately walks off.

Just met her today. There's a quest for her at a place called High Gate Ruins, west of Dawnstar.

You can change which quests are active. I know it sounds obvious but when I first started playing I had no idea that you could so it made doing to non-active quests so tedious.

Another thing I didn't do enough was familiarize myself with the spells, if I had I think I would've had an easier time starting out.

• Like 1

Malyn Varen

What kind of character build are you? If you're a Warrior then I would suggest packing a lot of healing potions before entering the star. Then be sure to fight the Dremora one at a time. IIRC, if you run too far ahead then his second one will attack you. You could also use Unrelenting Force to push the Dremora off the edge.

If you're a Mage then you should conjure up something (I summoned a Flame Atronach) to fight for you and back away if the Dremora get too close. You could use the Slow Time shout or Ice Form if you need to keep them at bay. Again, Unrelenting Force could also be of use here.

If you're quick enough you could always run past the Dremora and just kill Malyn Varen. The only problem with this tactic is that you need to survive an extra 15 or so seconds while Azura removes you from the star - which can be difficult with three Dremora on your ass. Again, if you're going to do this, pack lots of healing potions and use Unrelenting Force/Slow Time/Ice Form to keep them away.

Finally getting to play this now for the last couple nights. Such an awesome game, there is so god damn much to do.

My first 'oh shit' moment was encountering the Mammoths and Giants (skyward Giant smack taught me not to fuck around >_< ) I did manage to kill two mammoths though with my bow, hiding up on a rock and plucking arrows down at them. Took a little bit, and they tried running away a couple times, but mission successful.

Playing tonight, I encountered a cave while riding my horse en-route to a quest, walk inside and bam, two trolls ready to fuck my day. After a couple failed attempts with my sword & shield, I remembered reading I think in this thread that Trolls don't like fire. Luckily a little while earlier in the game, I had bought as many spells from a vendor as I could afford at the time, and Summon Fire Atronach (spelling?) was one of them. That little bastard did most of the work for me as he took on both Trolls with fireballs while I hid back in a corner, once again, plucking arrows at them.

I've now discovered how awesome enchanting will be, and I'm planning to put a couple skills points into it before I enchant my main weapons with (hopefully) something good. I stole an Elven Sword from a display case in Dragonsreach in Whiterun because it looked too badass not to. I've now got a matching Elven Bow & Arrows, Elven Shield, and an Elven Warhammer that I plan to enchant.

Who knows where I can get a good amount of Soul Gems from? Empty or filled, doesn't matter. Vendors charge out the ass, and I don't want to have to ruin my releationship with the town just yet :shifty:

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Raiding bandit-overrun forts and caves seem to be the best bet for free Soul Gems, but it's a crapshoot.

Also if you find an Amulet of Talos you get 10% off.

I just started a new game, this time I'm going with a Nord Mage that also carries a warhammer for when my magicka runs out. It's the first time I've used a two handed weapon and I have to say it's pretty awesome.