Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Does anyone who has this on PC have less than recommended specs for their computer, but have no real problems running the game?

I want to get the game, but Im weary about getting it for PC since my computer had trouble running Just Cause 2 (even with the video settings dumbed down to the lowest they could go in game), which was another sandbox style game.

If not, then any Xbox users have any major problems with the game?

Does anyone who has this on PC have less than recommended specs for their computer, but have no real problems running the game?

I want to get the game, but Im weary about getting it for PC since my computer had trouble running Just Cause 2 (even with the video settings dumbed down to the lowest they could go in game), which was another sandbox style game.

If not, then any Xbox users have any major problems with the game?

My desktop is only (only, heh) 2.4 GHz dual-core w/2GB of memory. 1 GB of video memory running HDMI to my TV. The game advises 'low' quality, but it still looks gorgeous. Should have no problems with anything comparable.

Ive got a 2.7 GHz 3GB memory. It is an AMD Athlon II X2. According to a screen cap from a program my friend told me to use to figure out my specs, my Graphics memory is only 512MB, though. My computer can handle games like Borderlands or Bulletstorm rather fine, but the only reason Im weary with Skyrim is because of how massive the world is and how it is a sandbox game like Just Cause 2, which ran horrible on my computer.

The only real reason I'd want to get it for PC is for some of the mods, whether they improve the visuals (better blood) or just for the crazy, fun stuff (Zoidberg crabs), so it wouldnt be a huge loss getting it for the 360. Was wondering if anybody with a worse computer setup than me was able to run the game without much problem.

I did play a little bit of the game at a friends the other day and it was fun, though there wasnt really anything that I'd miss if it was on the 360 other than a mod he uses to make arrows glow so they are more easily found. My first time with chickens was rather fun, as was my attempt at putting pots over peoples heads so I could steal from their house. I ended up pressing A on the controller rather than holding it, so I stole two pots which resulted in them killing me <_<

Ive got a 2.7 GHz 3GB memory. It is an AMD Athlon II X2. According to a screen cap from a program my friend told me to use to figure out my specs, my Graphics memory is only 512MB, though. My computer can handle games like Borderlands or Bulletstorm rather fine, but the only reason Im weary with Skyrim is because of how massive the world is and how it is a sandbox game like Just Cause 2, which ran horrible on my computer.

The only real reason I'd want to get it for PC is for some of the mods, whether they improve the visuals (better blood) or just for the crazy, fun stuff (Zoidberg crabs), so it wouldnt be a huge loss getting it for the 360. Was wondering if anybody with a worse computer setup than me was able to run the game without much problem.

Mods make this game leaps and bounds better than the buggy PS3 version (well, buggy before 1.4...gotta see how that patch plays out) and decidedly better than the 360 version. Your PC will handle it just fine, though you may want to make sure nothing's running in the background in order to free up a bit of memory.

I have this on PC, it suggested I use medium graphic settings, and it was incredibly laggy to the point of being unplayable. Dumbed it down to Low, and it runs perfectly and still looks great to boot. Odd time it may slow down a little bit but that only lasts a few seconds to a minute tops, and sorts itself out (I'm assuming its from loading the details and NPCs).

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Thanks for the responses. Ive always been paranoid with PC games since Ive never wanted to waste the money on something I cant play. Borderlands and Bulletstorm I got on sale through Steam so it was less of a hit if they didnt work (luckily they do). Maybe Ill risk it and get it for PC. Worst case scenario I try to pawn it off to someone else, since I doubt Gamestop will allow an exchange for PC games.

Who knows. Maybe the Just Cause 2 thing was just a one time thing.

Regardless of what I get the game for, what are some of the better mods out there? My friend has one that makes arrows glow and one that makes blood better, but any others that improve the visuals or any that are just incredibly wacky and fun?

Edited by Vitamin E

Just grabbed the collector's edition for PS3 (I've got a Mac, no point in getting the PC version). Will be playing this starting Sunday more than likely... fairly excited. This should keep me occupied until Mass Effect 3 comes out in March at least, and I've heard nothing but good things so yeah.

Speaking of the PS3 version... am I the only one that's never had the performance issues at all?

It's supposed to kick in when your save's at something like 7.5MB in size, I'm at 9.5 and running smooth as silk.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Just grabbed the collector's edition for PS3 (I've got a Mac, no point in getting the PC version). Will be playing this starting Sunday more than likely... fairly excited. This should keep me occupied until Mass Effect 3 comes out in March at least, and I've heard nothing but good things so yeah.

You got the one with the big dragon statue in it? :o

Speaking of the PS3 version... am I the only one that's never had the performance issues at all?

It's supposed to kick in when your save's at something like 7.5MB in size, I'm at 9.5 and running smooth as silk.

I didn't hit problems untl 9.5 or so, then after 10 it became unplayable.

You got the one with the big dragon statue in it? :o

Yep!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/NorrisScott/IMG_2405.jpg

Got it set up with a bunch of my other figurines from collector's editions in the bottom half of my entertainment area. Right now it's watching over a Duke Nukem statue while Altair hides behind it :P