Elder Scrolls V: Skeerim

apsham

Oblivion was quite rightly game of the year when it came out and the Shivering Isles were a great addition. I ploughed hundreds of hours into it and loved every minute.

Of course Skyrim is better but it's not surprising due to the advances in technology/programming/graphics and the sheer weight of expectation demanding a properly developed game.

• Like 1

There's a real difference in Skyrim's weather and geography as you wander up from the damp, green south, through the snowing foothills, to the snow-covered, blizzardy north and right up to the icebergs. It's a fantastically realised region and some of the landscape is just stunning.

However, the aurora borealis helps more than anything else. I love wandering around at night, looking up at a clear sky (which isn't always the case as it's cloudy, raining or snowy most of the time) and seeing the lights. Magical.

Fought my first dragon this morning, that was a hell of a rush. Right near the start of the game when the dragon goes and takes out the Watchtower outside, like, the first major city you come across (forgetting the name at the moment). Everyone flips shit when it appears and I come running out of the tower from my conversation with one of the survivors to see it just rush by overhead. Got out my firebow and got a few shots off at it, my allies were wailing away at it when it landed and after a couple of minutes I found myself in the perfect position to get behind the dragon and absolutely wreck its shit with my Great Frost-Sword from the overlord of the zombie things.

I'm slowly falling in love with this game. The fighting mechanics are smooth, taking on monsters is a rush, and I'm loving the raw number of options I have in this game to do what I please-- absolutely immense.

Okay so I am pretty much stuck in this game. I cannot enter (or get anywhere near) Whiterun without townspeople and guards attacking me. I can't even get arrested if I put my weapon away! Seeing as how the next part of the quest is in Whiterun, what should I do? I've played a few in-game days, and there's no letting up in those guards.

Okay so I am pretty much stuck in this game. I cannot enter (or get anywhere near) Whiterun without townspeople and guards attacking me. I can't even get arrested if I put my weapon away! Seeing as how the next part of the quest is in Whiterun, what should I do? I've played a few in-game days, and there's no letting up in those guards.

Destroy them. Destroy them all.

Or check to make sure you don't have a bounty. Even the murder of a cow in Whiterun can be an arrestable offence (which is a bug, but a hilarious bug.) I've also heard of people earning a bounty for training a mob which kills any NPC in the city.

Make sure you don't have the Giants chasing you though.

Really what's best though is to avoid Whiterun and do scores of other quests to improve your stats/skills. Get Speech up to where you can bribe guards and also where you're strong enough for their weapons to do nothing. That should help you solve the problem, however time consuming it might be.

• Like 1

Doing the main quest finally:

"Alright, we're going to sneak you into this Thalmor party. Give me only what you absolutely must have stowed away." *Hands over EVERY NON-QUEST ITEM*

Later...

"Ah, hello there honored guest, and what is your name?"

"Castle."

"Funny coincidence, a man named Castle has killed several of our justicars."

"That is quite a coincidence yes."

"And he also had the same skull warpaint you are wearing now... to a formal party."

"Funny how things are."

"Yes, it's a small Tamriel. Enjoy yourself. And by the way, love that you're wearing the symbol of the man-god whose worship we've banned. Very chic."

Edited by OctoberRavenO