The Shows Mostly Formerly Affiliated with NBC's Thursday Night Comedy Block Thread **SPOILERS**

GoGo Yubari

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention I watched both The Office and Parks and Rec this week.

The Office was actually a nice improvement over last week. I wasn't at all excited about the new guys, but they had a fun story with Erin and Andy. I also like the progression of Jim and Pam, plus refocusing Nellie and Dwight upon each other. I'm sure only the Jim and Pam stuff will have lasting effect, but it was a good episode.

Parks and Rec went in the direction I was hoping for, and that's to see the new challenges that come with Leslie's new position. Keeping her and Ron in some sort of minor contention is smart too. Their mentor/mentee-ish moments are some of the best of the series, but you have to have some form of division between them most of the time to make those moments work. I like that they're progressing Chris past just "lonely sad guy, but acts happy" too. In general, lots of great comedic bits as well. Basically the whole private meeting between Leslie/Ann and the Burger Paunch (fantastic name) lady and the whole town meeting were both tremendously funny. I expect the Burger Paunch thing will continue.

I didn't watch The Office (do I ever? no), but that Parks & Rec was good. So many great lines in it, I thought. Also, was there a new 30 Rock? Forgot to record it if there was.

I liked that Office. The Andy plot was kind of stupid but I like that a) the whole thing is based on a lie that he never, ever finds out about and b) the "Dixie as Andy's ringtone" gag didn't get old. The Clark and Pete applause bit was also funny. The serious stuff and the show revealing both Jim's exit strategy and basically its own remains interesting.

And yeah, that cold open was fantastic.

Just getting around to 30 Rock. Diggin' it.

Some of my favourite parts so far:

".. and while we have gotten to second base.."

"You mean a threesome with Robinson Cano?!"

"No! I mean sharing a yogurt! I'm saving myself for marriage."

"I'm like a black Tyler Perry!"

"Ah, how nice to meet a woman who speaks the language of the nazis most enthusiastic collaborators!"

"I love seeing the homes of poor whites!"

"I said good peacock."

"Shall we conversation?"

"Yes!"

"We're having weather!"

"MUCH weather!"

I'm assuming the discussion has turned toward this, which does potentially mean a Halloween episode in January.

As VanDerWerff explains, it's not necessarily bad news in terms of the show's existence and longevity, but it sure as hell leaves all its fans completely in the dark in terms of when they can see the show again. Getting jerked around like this is definitely getting tiresome.