The Matrix 4 & 5 will be in 3D

Frederick Jameson

Hi guys,

Hope you're feeling better Harry, get well soon!

Long time reader, occasional news feeder. Writing from rainy old London, England. Surprised that no one has commented on this, lucky me I guess. Was lucky enough to attend a key note speech at the London school of performing Arts university and was honoured to be in the same room as Keanu Reeves who was the guest of honour. Keanu was here promoting his new movie Henry's Crime which is opening shortly.

keanu as always was his kind gentle self and spoke to the class for a good 45 mins about his big break in acting and his love for Shakespeare. the floor was then opened for Q&A and the following was note worthy;

- Says he's prepping a action movie around the world of the samurai and that it will be a hard "R" rated 3D action feast that will deliver some great martial art set pieces. he's into 2 months of a 6 month training programme.

- Spoke briefly about the possibility of Bill and Ted part 3 - ( Audience started laughing) but he assured us he's committed to the project.

this is where the fun begins. Some great info shared with us good people.....

- Says he met the Wachowski's (no emphasis on the word brothers), for lunch over Christmas and stated that they had completed work on a two picture script treatment that would see him return to the world of the matrix as Neo. Says the brothers have met with Jim Cameron to discuss the pro's and con's of 3D and are looking to deliver something which has never been seen again. keanu stated that he still has an obligation to the fans to deliver a movie worthy of the title "The Matrix" and he swears this time that the treatment will truly revolutionise the action genre like the first movie. Wachowski's are working on a movie called "Cloud Atlas" at the moment, once that concludes they will talk again.

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

that was pretty much it guys, have to give kudos to Mr Reeves. A true gentleman and an esquire.

can't wait for the above to come to fruition. If you use this please refer to me as "El-Nino".

Peace out gents.....

"El-Nino"

Credit>Aintitcool.com

I don't really know what to make of this I didn't think 2-3 were that bad well not as bad as most other people seem to think they are anyway although there were nowhere near as good as part 1 but after the hate they got I am a little shocked to see they are going for 2 more.

Edited by Frederick Jameson

I don't think it was that 2 & 3 were bad. I think it was more of a let down in comparison to the first.

I figure they just decided to rectify this by adding another 2 movies to the saga.

I have younger people at work who haven't even see the first one :shifty:

Or a rediculously long sex scene, somewhere between the muted but suggestive Trinity/Neo and the absolutely shameless and absurd Nite Owl/Miss Jupiter, but stretched out to 40 minutes. In 3D. And more random choices for music in the background too.

And several times, they need to do a bullet time pan, with the sound of a gunshot being inserted every time Carrie Anne Moss' breasts bounce upwards.

My big problem with most of the Matrix movies but particularly the sequels was that they break rule one of storytelling (Show; don't tell) so often that I want to punch someone. I guess the concepts are kind of neat from time to time, but all they do is yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak yak about them constantly, laying their motives bare in dialogue, and then once their motives are laid bare explaining them again for another ten minutes. We were begging for Trinity to just die already five minutes into that scene. I'd much rather them go straight action flick with the next one instead of spending so much time in their masturbatory pseudo-Eastern-philosophy-but-not-really thing that seemed to eat the last two movies whole.

See, I don't mind them going into things; I'd rather people talk about stuff and explain the setting and motivations then just not answering any of those questions (like LOST did), but I see your point, and it is made even funnier when you consider that one of the seminal quotes from the first film was "No one can be told what The Matrix is; they need to see it for themselves". They then subsequently spent 2 hours talking about it. >_>

I was more pissed off at the time because in the Matrix the story was about destroying the machines. Then suddenly in 2 and 3 it was all about saving Zion. It was like they wrote themselves into a hole and decided to change the end-game in order to make it easier on themselves. I never gave a shit about Zion.

Then suddenly they brought Agent Smith back because people liked him so much and wrapped the entire story around him despite the fact he really wasn't that important in the first one. He was just the main agent that was after Morpheus, Trinity and Neo. Then in 2 and 3 he is a virus that is ruining the matrix.

Not to mention the cliff-hanger ending to Reloaded that had very little consequences in the next film and made absolutely no sense. Took the believability right out of the franchise.

Edited by Universal