General Football Thread

Starvinho

Zaragoza survived on the final day of the season by two points having won 8 of their last 11 games (losing to Barcelona, Sevilla and Mallorca in the other 3) - they only won 11 all season. Truly, truly remarkable. What a great escape from them! Villarreal go down having played in the Champions League this season, sacked two managers and ended up with Lotina as manager, who took Deportivo la Coruna down last year playing a negative flat back 5 formation: not shocked he's got another team relegated really.

Zaragoza has an outstanding end to their year. That match against Barca epitomised their determination for me, they really set themselves out in a way to take it to Barca and were unlucky to lose in many ways. Very glad they managed to survive, although kinda shocked that Spanish Villa have dropped :(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Id7ZBdHxw

Last goal for Milan. Pippo :wub:

Would also like to mention that Del Piero scored in his last ever Juventus game - Juve finishing the season undefeated.

Yeah, he spent 19 years there I think.

Goal is here: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/a-goal-in-his-final-game-alessandro-del-piero-v-atalanta/

What a fantastic player he was.

Juventus are getting rid of him. He's desperate to stay but they just won't hand him a new contract. Shame really but Juventus' loss will be another team's gain and you'd think that team would be MLS/Asian - even though he's still capable of playing at a high level in Europe.