2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Anyone else seen Owen Hargreaves' Youtube videos to prove that he's still fit? I really hope he does get another deal somewhere. Such a good player.

Yeah I hope he lands somewhere decent too.

I'll always respect him as a player after his phenomenal performance for England against Portugal in the 2006 World Cup, given how the media were up in arms at his selection, to put in a performance like that was astounding. The guy never stopped, it was insane.

I like him for the fact that when he came on as a substitute in one game Ian Wright said "I just can't understand why he's bring Owen Hargreaves on. He just isn't good enough for this level" or something to that effect. Only for him to be forced to eat his words after his performance during the tournament. And any time Ian Wright is shown up to be an unbelievably massive tool, I'm happy. Probably why I go through life virtually ecstatic.

I can't find the YouTube video anymore but there was a clip of him from that Portugal match where he picks up the ball and just goes on a crazy run doing some stepovers that leave Ronaldo on his arse.

He was so so good when he managed a full season for United, wouldn't have won the Champions League without him and for that I hope he's fondly remembered by United fans, hope he gets a good deal somewhere.

I like him for the fact that when he came on as a substitute in one game Ian Wright said "I just can't understand why he's bring Owen Hargreaves on. He just isn't good enough for this level" or something to that effect. Only for him to be forced to eat his words after his performance during the tournament. And any time Ian Wright is shown up to be an unbelievably massive tool, I'm happy. Probably why I go through life virtually ecstatic.

I'm sure Ian Wright's logic was based upon the fact he achieved most of his success outside of England and wasn't born there either. <_<

Downing is just a shitter, older Adam Johnson anyway.

Never saw the attraction to him as a player. If he weren't English and left-footed, an odd combination for a winger in the modern era he wouldn't have been as highly regarded as a youngster.

Never rated him when he was younger but actually think he's stepped up and improved lately, he can put a good cross in when they need to as well. The lack of loyalty he showed isn't good, but then there are players in the squad that didn't show loyalty to their team before that and players in other teams that didn't show lotalty either. It's commonplace but we're right to still bring it up as a subject, regardless of how often it happens.

We signed him with a broken leg for big money on a big contract. He spent 6 months injured, then came back and had a terrible second half of the season. He was genuinely terrible. Jumping away from tackles. He once stood off the pitch, next to the goal, while a team scored, instead of racing on to put in a block. So then he has one good season and he wants off? That takes no-loyalty to a new level.

Gervinho to Arsenal looks done. Having a medical today. And so is Wes Brown.

...at Sunderland, not Arsenal.

Chelsea have enquired about Nasri according to Sky's 'sources'. Hopefully not the same sources who said Modric was meeting Levy yesterday. They reckon it's today, now.

Gervinho to Arsenal looks done. Having a medical today. And so is Wes Brown.

...at Sunderland, not Arsenal.

Chelsea have enquired about Nasri according to Sky's 'sources'. Hopefully not the same sources who said Modric was meeting Levy yesterday. They reckon it's today, now.

Does Bruce intend on playing the revolutionary 1-10-0-0 formation next year?