2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

West Brom's sporting and technical director Dan Ashworth tells the club's website that they hope to set up a meeting with former Manchester United and England midfielder Owen Hargreaves in the coming days in a bid to sign him.

Good news for old curly hair. :)

Oh god. Roy. What are you doing. You nutter.

The one thing that Football Manager has never managed to replicate is the medical marvel that is Owen Hargreaves. He's always fit. I sold him because his presence in my squad was just unrealistic.

Edited by DanLowth

At first I thought that said West Ham and was going to suggest that they'd replaced one injury prone overrated player with another but no, it's West Brom which is just ridiculous. If they're planning on paying more than 5k a week on top of a PAYP deal then they're fucking nuts.

I think any deal for Hargreaves will have to be PAYP, but if he can stay fit and regain some form then he could be one of the signings of the season, but that is a big massive if.

Honestly, a United season ticket last year was worth it just for the Hargreaves appearance. Moreso the man who replaced him, the people's champion Bebe, who was subbed himself after killing too many of the crowd with his crosses. The stuff of legend.

• Like 1

Who the fuck is Milan Jovanovic and how'd he end up on over £100k a week?

He was Rafa Benitez's last signing. I consider him akin Rafa's Djibril Cisse, in that he was a new player bought by different manager to the one that was there when he arrived.

He's not been all that impressive either. I imagine Rafa had bigger plans for him but Woy limited him to just Europa League duty and I don't think Dalglish ever really bothered with him.

We had the option of cancelling the deal when Rafa left, but chose to sign him anyway.

Most free signings are on massive wages because the signing club is saving on not having to pay a transfer fee - Degen's on fairly big money, Cole's ludicrous £25m deal etc.

It's a bit odd if they're leaving him go on a permanent deal and even more strange if he drops to the Championship. He always looked decent when I saw him.

Never going to break into the United team though when you've got Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Owen, Welbeck and Macheda all there.

I forgot he existed, never seemed that good from the very little I saw of him, we'll see how he does in the NPC, I guess - would expect him to do okay given scum signed him and he wasn't Bebe bad.

Yay for Tevez, he gets to go play for one of his favourite clubs again - let's hope he doesn't love them so much he strikes again though.

As for Diouf. Well, small outlay but I don't think many people expected very much out of him. Obertan and Bebe will go the same way as well I'd imagine. People calling them shit, Fergie saying "How dare any of you, they are superstars of the future", then selling them on and when people say "told you [player] was shit" he'll say "..who?" and pretend they never existed. >_<

• Like 1