2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

I'm glad Kenny is buying a left back. We've needed one for an age and a center back or two as well. Considering two of our main CBs are Soto and Carragher. Who are both well north of thirty, slow and prone to fouling people.

Liverpool pretty much need some extra defenders. Especially when you look at how leaky we've been in pre season. Every game has seen us concede at least three. Admittedly with second string players mainly in the back line for the most part, but it has been an issue for a season or two now that we need some extra defensive players.

I'm glad Kenny is buying a left back. We've needed one for an age and a center back or two as well. Considering two of our main CBs are Soto and Carragher. Who are both well north of thirty, slow and prone to fouling people.

Liverpool pretty much need some extra defenders. Especially when you look at how leaky we've been in pre season. Every game has seen us concede at least three. Admittedly with second string players mainly in the back line for the most part, but it has been an issue for a season or two now that we need some extra defensive players.

And Glen Johnson is your right back, hardly the most inspiring defence.

I want us to get Scott Dann. Good young defender, got potential. Plus he's a scouser and a Liverpool fan.

If the Enrique thing is true then i'm happy, he's a decent player and 6mil would be a good price considering how much was rumoured to be wanted a few weeks ago.

Only 6m for Enrique? We paid that for him, surely with the kind of money Liverpool are throwing about we could get more too.

I remember Pardew saying in an interview that the Carrol money has gone back into the club, having been used to pay wages and agent fees etc.

Edited by Ben E.

1724: FOOTBALL - Joey Barton reveals on Twitter that he has been fined two weeks wages, something he says he will be appealing: "Ha ha the inevitable, 2 weeks wages fine has just arrived. Needless to say it shall be appealed forthwith. #kickingamanwhilsthesdownha"

1920: FOOTBALL - Wigan announce the signing of former Wolves midfielder David Jones. The 26-year-old, who left Molineux when his contract expired at the end of last season, has signed for the Latics after a successful trial period.

I've always rated him from his youth days at United, should be a good signing for Wigan.

He wanted the same wage as he is currently on and a four year deal, they lowballed him.

Lowballed? The fact is that no player is going to get the wages that Shepherd and Allardyce offered four years ago and rightly so, the same applies to Enrique. Bartons spent the last four months insisting he hasn't been offered a contract, stating he loves the club and that he would accept a lower wage, not through media hearsay but directly through Twitter. Now he's engineered his way out his agent is now saying the club wasn't offering enough, entirely contradicting his entire sob story about being pushed out. He's played the fans like fools and hopefully people will realise that, while Cabaye happily takes his place.

"If he was playing for Arsenal last season, they'd probably have won the title."

:lmao:

I had a quiet chuckle to myself when I read that this afternoon too, what a joke.

• Admin

Joel Campbell says that he's now resumed talks with Arsenal.

Wigan's Mauro Boselli has returned to his former club Estudiantes in Argentina on a one-year loan deal.

Porto president Pinto da Costa would not sell striker Hulk for less than his €100million release clause, but admits the club have not received a bid for their star player.