WWE '12

Guest rasko

Yeah, but I generally get the feeling that most people who were going to buy the game would have bought it already. I know that's not universally the case, but I can't see this new version appealing to a huge new audience unless it's released at a budget price, which most 'expanded' versions of games aren't.

I don't know many people who do stuff my way - but when a game is known to have a lot of DLC I pretty much predict this. I'll buy it on release, trade it in when I bore of it for high credit and then pick up the GOTY/Special edition down the road when I want to play it again fully complete.

Well, that's totally fair, I'd say. I was probably a little drawn in by most of the negative comments I'd seen on some other gaming sites, which, coming to think about it, is more or less all you see in the comments sections of such sites at the best of times.

There have been reports that the game may be focused on the The Attitude Era[2]. Jim Ross will also replace Michael Cole for the in-game commentary. What is more, THQ's Cory Ledesma has announced that he will personally work on the Road to WrestleMania mode for the WWE '13 video game. At the 2012 Superstar Wrestlemania Challenge, Cory Ledesma announced that Road to Wrestlemania mode would be scrapped in favor of story mode. He also would announce that six divas in the ring simultaneously will be a feature in WWE '13. He also went on to say that the countless backstage brawls that irritated users from past year's story mode will be greatly limited.[3] Former WWE Superstar and current WWE road agent Road Dogg has confirmed that he has done voice work for WWE '13 and, according to him, so has Billy Gunn[4]. "Diamond" Dallas Page and X-Pac have been confirmed to be playable.

from the wikipedia page, not sure how much of it is true, but botom of the page has links to sites and such.

My thoughts...

Jim Ross instead of Cole: I wouldn't mind having the option of either one or even doing a 3 or 4 man commentary team. To me it seems like an easy concept to implement.

Ledesma is working on the RTWM: He basically is working on the story mode. Ok that is cool I guess. If it wasn't so linear that would be better. So if you lose it would lead you down a path and if you win it takes you on a different path.

Attitude Inspired Game: Ok cool DX will probably have a major storyline in the story mode based on the supposed voices of Pac, Gunn, and Road Dogg. It would be fun to play in an Attitude inspired storyline.

6 Divas in a Match: Don't care. I only enjoyed Kharma out of the divas this year and I usually tried to injure whoever she was matched up against.

Nothing about the game yet sounds like it is worth buying for me.

I'm sadly doomed to buy every version of the game that comes out regardless. I'm aesthetic whore, and having CAWS in place of actual Jericho, Heel Bryan, Undertaker, ect just don't do it for me. I figure as long as they keep Universe updating and keep trying to innovate I don't have much issue with the yearly purchase. I pay for Xbox Live once a year, I figure I can swing this too.

Attitude Inspired Game: Ok cool DX will probably have a major storyline in the story mode based on the supposed voices of Pac, Gunn, and Road Dogg. It would be fun to play in an Attitude inspired storyline.

I hope they don't forget to include "<Diva> gives birth to a hand" and "<Superstar> goes on date with transvestite" and other such classics.

I don;t care about the rest, but if true DDP!!!!!!

Though I make a massive statement every year so here's this years... If Tamina Snuka isn't in the game, I'm not buying it;

Edited by zrc

For me, purchasing this game will not come off the back of more new flashy **STUFF**. I just want the gameplay to be changd to the degree that it becomes interesting to play for more than 2-3 weeks again. The last game I played over and over and over again came out nearly 7 years ago now. And it's been nearly 9 since the standard for 'modern' WWE games was set as far as I'm concerned.

Argh I've had my fill of stupid feuds in universe.

I do NOT want the following feuds:

-Road Warrior Animal vs Evan Bourne

-Mark Henry vs Sheamus/Drew McIntyre(Its not that I object to the men involved feuding, it's just that Henry/McIntyre are in a stable together and Sheamus is on a different show)

-Otunga vs McGillicutty

Yet the game, without fail, insists that I use up 3 out of the 4 matches every RAW with the above feuds.

Usually I just ignore it but now the Royal Rumble winners main event on Raw is between Otunga and McGillicutty with the game seemingly getting confused between the remarkable event feud between those two and the winners event itself......I was looking forward to my Rumble winner costing WWE Champ HHH the match against WCW Champ CM Punk to :(

Oh my god fuck THQ. It should not be this hard to use Community Creations.

Jacob Cass spoilers

My game keeps freezing when in the Hell in a Cell Match at Starrcade. First it was when Big Show entered and now it's just froze when there were five people in the ring (McMahon being the last to enter). I downloaded Austin Aries and haven't edited anything after importing him for RTWM.

Edit: Finally was able to make it through on the third try.