WWE '12

Guest rasko

Ledesma announced that the remaining 14 spots are all Legends and Divas...and with the exception of the Mystery Superstar, they are all DLC.

So between Rock being pre-order, Lawler being DLC, and the other 13 DLC.....there's already more DLC this year than last year. But at the expense of that, the game that ships has about 10 less people than last year. And you gotta figure people that were in last year like the Bellas, Alicia, and HBK will be amongst the DLCand should have simply been in again since there's clearly enough space.

Edited by kbusch22

I don't know what it is, but the gameplay looks.... odd. I can't put my finger on it, but I think the animations and whatnot they've had for the past however many years looked better than this. It's not robotic, it's just... stiff looking, I guess. Like I said, odd. I was hoping it would be looking better after the E3 showing, but I guess this is what the final game will look and play like, barring a few changes here and there.

Weird. I've been itching for a wrestling game, since WWE All Stars just ISN'T what I want, even though it's fun as fuck and a different spin on your typical wrestling game. I'll play the demo when it comes out and judge from there. Any announcement on a release date for a demo on the 360?

Vader being in the game is fucking awesome. Is it Kevin Nash in the game, or Diesel? AND, finally, the Create An Arena looks amazing. That's so cool.

I have no idea how Yoshi Tatsu keeps making it in these games.

But goddammit, now I have to buy it for Demolition.

It's his music. People love it

I don't know why people complain about DLC. It's commonplace now. You're not exactly put out much either. Even if there's someone you really want, they usually release each wrestler on his/her own for like 75p.

The only thing I don't like about the DLC is that by the time they actually release it, I've usually grown bored of the game or traded it in for something else. Example: Nexus in 2011. I actually brought Wade Barrett for the sake of it and ended up trading the game in a few weeks later because I'd gotten all I could from it.

I don't know what it is, but the gameplay looks.... odd. I can't put my finger on it, but I think the animations and whatnot they've had for the past however many years looked better than this. It's not robotic, it's just... stiff looking, I guess. Like I said, odd. I was hoping it would be looking better after the E3 showing, but I guess this is what the final game will look and play like, barring a few changes here and there.

Weird. I've been itching for a wrestling game, since WWE All Stars just ISN'T what I want, even though it's fun as fuck and a different spin on your typical wrestling game. I'll play the demo when it comes out and judge from there. Any announcement on a release date for a demo on the 360?

Vader being in the game is fucking awesome. Is it Kevin Nash in the game, or Diesel? AND, finally, the Create An Arena looks amazing. That's so cool.

If memory serves, he was called Kevin Nash but dressed in black Diesel gear. Bit odd, really.

I kind of feel the opposite way about the game play, though. I thought it looked a lot more fluid than usual. It made me a lot more interested in checking out the game this year.

Maybe it was just the videos I watched, but it was on the official WWE '12 YouTube channel, so... it just looked really chopped and some delayed reactions while trying for a move or actually executing one. Just nitpicking, like I said, I'll wait for a demo to really judge it, until then I'm just going to chalk it up to games never looking quite as awesome as they are until it's on a big flat screen TV in my living room :)

For the record, the smaller roster actually doesn't even bother me given the cuts that were made. Half of the cuts were divas (5 less than last year) who I NEVER use, I wouldn't even bother buying them if they come in one Diva pack with nothing else. Plus guys like Primo, JTG, and DH Smith who I would seldom use anyway. I utilize certain jobbers a lot, but they aren't among them. HBK will probably be DLC but until then his non-inclusion is more than made up for by the Legends that were chosen.

Hell, I normally don't even like the Legends and prefer using current guys...but the crop of Legends they picked for this year changes my opinion. I could see myself using pretty much all of them regularly.

Are you fucking kidding me? No demo? When did they start that shit? They even had one for WWE All Stars, I'm pretty sure.

Well, yeah, but that was a completely different game, same with Legends of WrestleMania. I'm pretty sure they've never done demos for the SmackDown Vs. RAW series.

Last demo I can recall was for 2008. I actually have a demo disc for that actually for some reason. There might have been a PS3 exclusive one for 09, I seem to remember the PS3 being the only system with a demo one year. But yeah, highly doubt there will be a demo for this.

Since i'm here, if I followed the 'skip a year' pattern some people do on sports games, WWE is due this year since I last bought 10 but these games have always left me bored after a few weeks. The roster is looking nice though, I guess i'll see what people have to say upon it's release though. Maybe i'll get it but with all the other stuff that's out this year, it's unlikely unless someone sells it cheap on release or soon after.