UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

Record now is 26-6

Notable wins since last update was I beat the random guy in the trilogy fight, ko'ed Gonzaga, beat Pat Barry for a 2nd time by TKO then knocked out Cro Cop in a trilogy fight. Moved down to light-heavyweight to take on some 50 odd rated guy and bulldozed him, KO'ed Kongo and submitted Brendan Schaub with a rear naked choke in the 3rd round when it looked like it was going to a decision.

Went down to Light-Heavyweight to fight #3 ranked Thiago Silva and got knocked the fuck out in 44 seconds. Wasn't a happy moment so thought fuck it need a big name fight at Heavyweight so took on Brock Lesnar and beat him by decision 30-27 across the board. Entered the PRIDE grand prix beat Heath Herring in the first round by Soccer Kick/Knees to the head TKO then got smashed by Shane Carwin :(

Came back to the UFC and beat Nogueira by KO in the 2nd round to earn a title shot against my fellow AKA member Cain Velasquez.

Edit: Fuck off Yves Lavigne, stopped the fight way too early after I rocked him twice you don't stop it when I'm going for the TKO but when Cain hits me twice when I'm swaying on the floor you stop the fight. Fucking cunt.

Fuckity fuck fuck. Went 11-0 in WFA, winning the Featherweight title before moving up to Lightweight, and winning the Lightweight Title. Decided that I might be spending too much time in WFA, I decided to take my first UFN fight. I end up losing by arm triangle 4:44 into the first round for my first loss of my career, to some random guy named Trent Slade with 'Madd Dogg' tattoo'd on his chest in big bold letters. :(

Phew, came back in my next fight and had a war with Shinji Nakamura that lasted until 2:55 into the 3rd. He tried submitting me multiple times, came close after pulling a sub-switch at one point but I managed to slip out. Finally was able to put him away by KO halfway in the 3rd after he was bloodied up and couldn't take my hook.

Deciding to take my run through the UFC ranks slow and not sign up against Joe Daddy or Ross Pearson yet, so instead I get the chance to avenge my only loss in my career. That 'Mad Dog' chest-tatted mofucka is catching a beating. :shifty:

AVENGED! By TKO! Biiiiitch.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

....that was weird. Doing an online fight, I have the guy mounted....and then it just stops? I get a TKO win without even throwing a punch?

Edit: Woo! Awesome win online! This guy was kicking my ass pretty good, rocked me and I thought he had me...but I managed to get out, rock him, but he got out...I landed one lucky hit, rocked him again and then gave him the ol' soccer kick to the face for the achievement/win.

Grrr....third fight is lame <_<

He picks the highest rated person, but I am still schooling him. He rocks me from pure luck and the ref stops it :/

Edit: And no one fist bumps!

Edit: I dislike when people choose the high level guys and I choose the mid-80s. But, since everyone was doing it, I decided to use my CAF...one person came in and left once they saw I chose a CAF.

Edit: SO MANY DISCONNECTORS.

I've only had like 3 fights, but we've always touched gloves. I get a lot of GSPs, unfortunately, I like the be the sort of mid-range guys on the whole, mix it up a bit.

I think I may have figured out somewhat how to do the tire flip. For the first bit, after I flipped it to a spot, I couldn't figure out how to get to a certain side of the tire to be able to flip it somewhere. It mostly came down to me getting lucky and landing on the right side.

Now, I'm now starting to think/realize that;

- Minor Transition (Straight up then around/Straight down then around) = 90 degree turn

- Major Transition (Up at an angle then around/Down at an angle then around) = 180 degree turn

So say you flip the tire, and you're on the left side of the tire, but you want to get to the top side to flip it downwards. You would have to do a Minor Transition, the Straight Up then around.

However, if you're on the left side of the tire, and you want to go to the bottom side to flip it upwards, you would have to do a Minor Transition, but the Straight Down then around.

If you're on the left side of the tire, and you want to go to the right side to flip it towards the left, you'll need to do a Major Transition (Up/Down at an angle, then around).

Not sure if everyone's already figured this out or not yet but hopefully it helps out.

EDIT: This definitely helps. Started to realize this at the end of my last Tire Flip, so I didn't get a good chance to try it out. Just finished one though with that strategy, and I came 3/4 of the way to filling the bar.

I barely ever got to the first notch before.

EDIT 2: Wowww, just got so lucky in a fight against Sean Sherk. He was making it a hell of a war with me, and I'm pretty sure he won the first two rounds due to his takedowns. Somehow, late into the third (4:08), I managed to catch him with a weak jab as he went in for a takedown that flash KO'd him straight to the mat, where I then flurried his face in for good measure. Had it gone to the judges, he would have taken it for sure in my eyes. Phew :shifty:

Woo, it got me Knockout of the Night too! :D

Double Woo, instantly became #1 Candidate for KO of the Year! :D :D

EDIT 3: Just went to my first decision in a rematch against Ross Pearson to avenge one of my losses to him. Came out of the fight looking like I got into it with a chainsaw, but I managed to squeek out a unanimous 29-28 decision to win it! Hell of a battle though.

EDIT 4: Fucking Takanori Gomi. I attempt to avenge my only loss that I haven't avenged, and the motherfucker beats me by decision despite me slamming him more times than a prostitute gets. Last time I try and go in with a gameplan set :shifty:

On the bright side, my KO of Sean Sherk won me KO of the Year. My overall record is now 16-4 (Losses are Takanori Gomi x2, Ross Pearson & Trent Slade)

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

I think I may have figured out somewhat how to do the tire flip. For the first bit, after I flipped it to a spot, I couldn't figure out how to get to a certain side of the tire to be able to flip it somewhere. It mostly came down to me getting lucky and landing on the right side.

Now, I'm now starting to think/realize that;

- Minor Transition (Straight up then around/Straight down then around) = 90 degree turn

- Major Transition (Up at an angle then around/Down at an angle then around) = 180 degree turn

So say you flip the tire, and you're on the left side of the tire, but you want to get to the top side to flip it downwards. You would have to do a Minor Transition, the Straight Up then around.

However, if you're on the left side of the tire, and you want to go to the bottom side to flip it upwards, you would have to do a Minor Transition, but the Straight Down then around.

If you're on the left side of the tire, and you want to go to the right side to flip it towards the left, you'll need to do a Major Transition (Up/Down at an angle, then around).

Not sure if everyone's already figured this out or not yet but hopefully it helps out.

EDIT: This definitely helps. Started to realize this at the end of my last Tire Flip, so I didn't get a good chance to try it out. Just finished one though with that strategy, and I came 3/4 of the way to filling the bar.

I barely ever got to the first notch before.

Wait, was that the issue everyone was having with it? I've found it to be one of the better drills. Probably because I figured that out in my first go, I should have said something, sorry :P

Motherfucker. Just started up my second career, a norwegian boxer on a rampage in the light heavyweight division. And naturally...my PS3 dies. Well at least the laser. Can't read discs anymore and it's only two months old. And the store of course couldn't just give me a new one, they instead have to send it to their repair people and I should get it back / get a new one in about three weeks. Oh the joy.

It's just so satisfying to punt someone in the head. It really is.

One of the best things ever.

Also, in Pride fights, I like to get to North/South as fast as I can and drive knees into peoples skulls.

When I was creating a fighter, I was going though all the moves and such. The only alternative to kneeing the head in various spoits was to...knee the shoulder? Why the fuck would I want to do that instead?

This game is excellent. Probably my favourite game in the sports genre since PES went to shit. Everything just feels more organic and like less of a tech demo than the previous two games. PRIDE mode is so much fun too. I had a great scrap in the featherweight division as José Aldo vs. Manny Gamburyan. I specifially picked him, assuming the striking/grappling disparity would allow me to practice getting back up and takedown defence. Instead he shocked me by standing, badly cutting me in the opening seconds then mixing up his offence. I came back and, judging by the amount of blood, broke his nose towards the end of the first. Managed to KO him in the second as what should have been a routine fight became a war. Can't wait to TKO someone using a leg kick check.

Online has been a mixed bag for me. The first few fights were either against people spamming the head kick or guys who quit as soon as you got any kind of advantage or nullified their offence. Plus the amount of CAF's I've encountered who's repetoire of spinning kicks and backfists puts Jon Jones to shame is staggering. Eventually I found a guy who was about my skill level and didn't just pick the 90+ fighters and we had a great five fight series which I won 3-2.

I've no idea what fight camp entails but could someone shoot me an invite for the 360 version? If it means I can have some exhibitions with some similar minded people I'm up for it. Plus I haven't been on Live for long so it'd be cool to find a group to play with regularly. Gamertag is K Dawwwg90.

What difficulty do you guys play on? I'm breezing through Experienced, but I'm afraid to step up to Advanced and get beat bad, is it much of a difference?

Generally you're always going to 'get beat bad' when going up to a new difficulty. But just persevere and you'll get through it. I play on Advanced and am slowly building up a tolerance for Expert. Another good way to get good fast is to just experiment with different stuff on Beginner - I'm constantly learning new ways to win and advance my position by fighting easy opponents.

Career mode is just an exercise in frustration for me. I don't want to give up and start again, but I'm stuck in this weird limbo. The only fights I'm being offered are against guys who are rated at least 15 points better than me, or Johnny Oro, who's about the same, but who I've already fought 3 times.

I also have a weird thing where I keep getting my kicks caught, even by the scrubs I'm sparring against. It messes up my game plan training when I'm not supposed to get taken down , but I have no defense but to wait until I get tripped and hope I can get up before the dive on top of me. Anyone know either how to get my foot un-caught/avoid the trip and takedown or what I need to train to make it a little less frequently occurring?